Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Edel

0,4 nozzle vs. 0,25

Hi,

a question, only for me to undestand the printing process.

according to this file:

http://www.freeform4u.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/d/3d-druck_drucker_ultimaker2_plus_vergleich.jpg

a 0,4 nozzle can print level high of finest 20 micron, whats in CURA 0.02mm

but a 0,25 nozzel, which is nearly have of 0,4 nozzle can only print 60micron as finest, which is 0,06mm in Cura Setting?

Why? this nozzel must be able to print detailed...

It has been said it's down to the feeder as it pretty much stops because the flow rate is so small. So if you are printing at 30mm/s then a 0.4mm nozzle will be printing at 0.24mm3/s

And a .25 nozzle with the same settings will be printing at 0.15mm3/s which is very slow indeed.

But in saying this I have successfully printed models with a 0.25mm Nozzle at 0.04 layers like the frog below. I have used 0.02 layers but it ended up with 2 many blobs.

5a330ed8f2139_TreeFrogKeyboard.thumb.JPG.4e8fdc9358328c553c03a1056c113fe2.JPG

It has been said it's down to the feeder as it pretty much stops because the flow rate is so small. So if you are printing at 30mm/s then a 0.4mm nozzle will be printing at 0.24mm3/s

And a .25 nozzle with the same settings will be printing at 0.15mm3/s which is very slow indeed.

But in saying this I have successfully printed models with a 0.25mm Nozzle at 0.04 layers like the frog below. I have used 0.02 layers but it ended up with 2 many blobs.

thank you very much, as always for your great help :), now i understand it....

so mainly you must put the speed higher with the 0,25 nozzle, but this is even critical with this very small filament on your glass plate....

which speed did you use for your frog?

today i made one test print with 0,25 nozzel, Speed 50 and layer 0,06 (but this does not lock so good and fine as 0,04 nozzle with 0,04 and Speed 50)...

Next ist 0,25 nozzel, Speed 50 and layer 0,04

You need to reduce the temp a lot. As the filament is moving very slow it overheats. I normally print between 180-190deg

Show us some pictures of the failed prints and your setting your using.