Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
acreus

Ultimaker 2 "This file will override machine setting with setting from the slicer" HELP!

I updated the firmware and panicked because my printer wouldn't turn on. When I try to turn on the printer, only the little fan would turn on, but nothing else. So I tried to update the firmware either way as if it was on, and miraculously the printer turned back on. What a relief! now theres another issue now. When I try to print some of my old files that i saved on my sd card, this pops up : "This file will override machine setting with setting from the slicer"

When i clicked continue, the heat bed doesn't turn on.

Only newly saved Gcode models will print like normal. What happened to the Gcode recently?

Edited by Guest

The Ultimaker2 uses UltiCode flavour g-code. The ulitmaker original uses rep-rap flavour g-code.

The reprap flavour g-code has temperature commands in it, whereas the UM2 uses material defaults. If an UM2 gets rep-rap flavour g-code, you get that warning (eg; The setting tells the temperature all of the sudden).

My guess is that you have an UMO and installed UM2 firmware.