Cura Won't Save G-Code to SD Card

Jason_Lavender

Posted · Cura Won't Save G-Code to SD Card

Hello,

I have used Cura for a long time and have never had any issues. Now, when I want to save the G-CODE to an SD card, I can't. Instead of displaying "Save to Toolpath", it says "Print With USB". However, the printer is not connected via USB. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi,

and welcome to the forum.

This sound pretty weird. Have you checked the obvious things? Temporary problem (reboot), check system logs (depending on the operating system).

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

He means reboot your whole computer that you are running Cura on.

It could also be that the SD card is write locked.  Try saving instead to your hard drive and dragging the file onto the SD card and see if that also won't work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hello I'm having trouble saving my Gcode to my sd card. it slices fine but when I go to save to my removable disk it says "Could not save to /Volumes/NO NAME/CE3PRO_Benchy.gcode:[Errno 1]Operation not permitted:'/Volumes/No NAME/CE3PRO_3DBenchy.gcode'. This has been going on for 2 weeks can somebody help me. Ive changed the names of the files and still nothing works. please help this is really getting on my last nerve lol thanks. Jay

• Like 1

the weird thing is I got to to work yesterday. well I went to Best Buy to see if they new what the do at the geek squad. I brought the same sd card I use and it just started working the first time I tried. super embarrassing. it worked for day couple days and now its doing the same thing again. the cad isn't full and its not allowing me to save it manually. well it does but it doesn't. it says it saved on the card but it doesn't show up when I insert it in the printer. unless I'm saving it wrong. how would you save it manually I'm not a computer guy at all so I'm probably doing it wrong. all the help is needed lol.

thanks Jay

• Like 1

When you slice something and you have the SD card stuck in the computer - the "Slice" button changes text (and function) to "Save to Removeable Drive" and there should be an "expand" arrow on the right end of the button.  If you click the Expand Arrow the "Save to Disc" option can be picked.  That option brings up the "Save As" dialog and allows you so save the gcode to your computer hard drive.

If you slice something and the SD card is NOT in the computer (and there aren't any other removeable drives available), then only the "Save to Disc" option is available and there is no Expand Arrow.

What tontze is saying is to use the "Save to Disc" option and save the gcode file to the hard drive, then open that folder and manually copy the file and paste it onto the SD card.

• Like 1

Don't forget that if the filename is too long the file will also not appear in the print-menu of the printer! Filenames starting with "_" will also not show up...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@soddyshark that is likely a problem with the SD card.  Many printers don't deal with cards over 32gb.  It should really be a 16gb card and formatted to FAT32.  If you have re-formatted your card to FAT32 (and it isn't over-sized), then try another memory card.  Someway, somehow this relates to your operating system and the card.  If you are using a card adapter at the computer then try a different adapter.