Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
harmenschippers

Cura won't let me print something with an outline of 208.4mm x 207.4mm

Hi,

Couple of months ago I bought a Ultimaker 2+ extended and it's been great from that time. I've printed many parts, but now I seem to stumble upon a problem.

I've made a test model for an outline for a jigsaw, but cura will not make the model yellow, but when I look at it everything seem to fit. This is the second time I can not print something that I think it could be printed, because the x and y dimensions are in between the max dimensions of 223mm by 223mm.

Can someone help me with my problem?

5a331dd0600f8_ScreenShot2016-06-05at12_49_22.thumb.png.e6d90e45761f3af8c433a1d32c01de58.png

5a331dd0600f8_ScreenShot2016-06-05at12_49_22.thumb.png.e6d90e45761f3af8c433a1d32c01de58.png

Yes. Make sure brim and skirt lines are set to zero. Even then it might fail. I think cura creates 2 rectangles - one longer in X that goes between the clips. And one longer Y that goes between the clips the other way. Your part is outside both of those rectangles yet still does not touch the clips. So this is kind of a bug or limitation of Cura. You can lie to cura and tell it the bed is 250mm by 250mm and then place the part as close to 0,0 as possible (front left corner). I haven't tried this but I suspect it will work.