Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
printedman

Feeder moving reverse

Upgrading my UM2 to UM2+ with the kits. After installing, the feeder is moving in reverse. Cable on the board looks correct. And one more issue, the Ferrite Core is missing. Here is a photo of the E1 connector showing the cable for the feeder. Can anyone assist. Thank you.

UMB.thumb.jpg.788c360322161ed534aa66bbc448ac32.jpg

UMB.thumb.jpg.788c360322161ed534aa66bbc448ac32.jpg

The UM2 firmware runs the feeder in the opposite direction of the UM2+ firmware, so like neotko said, updating to the UM2+ firmware on your machine will resolve the issue.

Regarding the ferrite core; the ferrite core was a later addition to the printers, so the earlier UM2s don't have any. You don't have to have them, but if you want them, you should be able to find them online. With the UM2/UM2+ machines we put one around the Feeder and Y motor cables down by the electronics board, and one underneath the right hand cable cover wrapped around the X motor cable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I have upgrade the firmware to 15.04.06. Well the problem is my mistake, I did not choose to "Add new machine" and select Ultimaker 2+. So now the loading is normal again. But now a new issue is up. After doing bed levelling. Test print and the head is now not touching the bed. Its stay abt a few mm off the bed. What have I done wrong this time? Please advice, anyone. Thank you.