Feeder moving reverse

Posted · Feeder moving reverse

Upgrading my UM2 to UM2+ with the kits. After installing, the feeder is moving in reverse. Cable on the board looks correct. And one more issue, the Ferrite Core is missing. Here is a photo of the E1 connector showing the cable for the feeder. Can anyone assist. Thank you.

UMB.thumb.jpg.788c360322161ed534aa66bbc448ac32.jpg

UMB.thumb.jpg.788c360322161ed534aa66bbc448ac32.jpg

The UM2 firmware runs the feeder in the opposite direction of the UM2+ firmware, so like neotko said, updating to the UM2+ firmware on your machine will resolve the issue.

Regarding the ferrite core; the ferrite core was a later addition to the printers, so the earlier UM2s don't have any. You don't have to have them, but if you want them, you should be able to find them online. With the UM2/UM2+ machines we put one around the Feeder and Y motor cables down by the electronics board, and one underneath the right hand cable cover wrapped around the X motor cable.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I have upgrade the firmware to 15.04.06. Well the problem is my mistake, I did not choose to "Add new machine" and select Ultimaker 2+. So now the loading is normal again. But now a new issue is up. After doing bed levelling. Test print and the head is now not touching the bed. Its stay abt a few mm off the bed. What have I done wrong this time? Please advice, anyone. Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies