Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
neptuna

UM2 Frame .dxf Files

Hi guys,

I am new to ultimaker community and also to 3D printing. I am planning to build UM as my first 3D printer. I first look at UMO+ then I decided to build UM2.

I order the materials and in the meantime I was planning to build the frame but I could not find the .dxf files. I have been searching for them for almost 3-weeks but no luck. There are step files in GitHub but I cannot convert them, I tried Freecad but again no luck.

I found the .dxf files for UMO+ and UM2 extended but I could not find for UM2. So what I am asking is, if anyone has dxf files could share it. I am planning to build it with aluminum and plexiglass using CNC.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Edited by Guest

I have not seen them also. But I would advise you to just build the extended as it won't cost much more to make. Most things are the same and you have the added benefit of having an extended.

I have not seen them also. But I would advise you to just build the extended as it won't cost much more to make. Most things are the same and you have the added benefit of having an extended.

I consider that also but people say UM2 is better than UM2 extended. What do you think about that?

I'm sure the dxf files are also on github.... and you can create dxf files from the step files using free fusion360

Thank you but I could not manage it to work on my mac, I tried Freecad but that one did not save files in .dxf format now I am going to try Onshape.

I have both and I would get the extended. It does get a little bit of vibration lines on tall parts but small items that you would normally print on the UM2 are the same, for the flexibility it's worth it to have the extended.

The UM2go has the best quality and is my most used printer.

• Like 1

My experience with a wood frame was horrible. You want quality buy to a ultimaker distributor. I think everything except the sidepanels can be ordered (mail to your closest distributors). Also in my experience the price it's pretty much alike.

• Like 1