Feeder for Flexible Filament

Posted · Feeder for Flexible Filament

Anyone know of a feeder replacement for the Ultimaker 2 for printing (a lot) of flexible filaments (ninjaflex/filaflex)?

After 2 days of finicking with it, it's just a pain, not realistically possible to print a lot. So a new feeder is needed, preferably one that attaches to the hot end to eliminate the bowden.

I need it by the end of the week, hopefully he is done soon! Great news to hear he is nearly done :)

Thanks neotko!

If anyone else knows, please do share :)

i had hazzle free prints with ninjaflex and the bondtech extruder. Also swapped the PFA bowden for a PTFE bowden. not the one from bondtech, which has a too large inner diameter. Worked at first try.

Posted (edited) · Feeder for Flexible Filament

i had hazzle free prints with ninjaflex and the bondtech extruder. Also swapped the PFA bowden for a PTFE bowden. not the one from bondtech, which has a too large inner diameter. Worked at first try.

Which bowden did you swap it with? This was for a UM2? Also you changed the hot end?

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Feeder for Flexible Filament

Oh, I thought I had linked the shop: www.2printbeta.de If you are in the US, you can just look for 1/4" outer diameter, 1/8" inner diameter ptfe tubes.

And yes, i have a UM2 with ollson block.

Edited by Guest

Don't bother with printing with bowden if you require a lot of retractions. If it's a simple shape then you can get it to work quite well but you really need a head mounted feeder or flex drive if you require good retractions.

I use Roberts feeder which works well for me with the snap on guide, use a little oil in the Bowden tube to reduce friction.