Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
gijs

Largest 3D Printing event in the Netherlands, RapidPro.

I posted a message yesterday in the ultimaker groups about an upcoming 3d printing event. In order to reach all 3d printing enthusiast I thought it might be smart to post a message at this forum as well.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share an upcoming 3d printing event, Rapid Pro. It will be held 25th and 26th of January at the NH Conference Centre Koningshof in Veldhoven the Netherlands.

http://www.rapidpro.nl/

I have been told the guys from Ultimaker will be there with a lot of Ultimakers. I will be there with a green Ultimaker on behalf of Mikrocentrum, the company responsible for organizing RapidPro. It is a

good opportunity to see all sorts of 3d printing techniques, attend lectures on various subjects related to rapid manufacturing and of course to meet up. Should be interesting to see the ‘at home printers’ next to the commercial types.

There is no entry fee, free of charge.

Gijs

Is this just a big demo of the various 3D printing techs or could this perhaps be a good chance to nab some cheap PLA/ABS?

I don't think you can buy PLA or ABS at this event, but perhaps the exhibitors will be able to help to get in contact with some providers. The event is more of a big demo of commercial companies and there printers, but this is the first year that there will be attention for 3d printing at home.