ollsen block punched dots nozzle size list?

Posted · ollsen block punched dots nozzle size list?

so im trying to identify my nozzles but the laser etching has been worn off and im trying to use the dots to identify them but i cant find the list saying what they are. any help?

If they are older nozzles from before the laser etching than the "dot guide" gets more complicated but I can supply that also.

Even the new matchless nozzles obey the above guideline but they continue:

1.5mm 5 dots

2.0mm 6 dots

well when i got the ollsen block pack with all the nozzles, the nozzles were lazer etched and dotted.

i recently ordered 2 spare 0.4mm nozzles from a canadian ultimaker distributor and they were milled instead of lazer etched and have no dots. so i have no idea whats going on. are all the 0.25 0.4 0.6 and 0.8mm nozzles dotted?

Hi! Nozzle marking:

Usually, traditionally, empirically, the 0.25s have no dot.

0.40 : 1 dot

0.60 : 2 dots

0.80 : 3 dots

1.0. : 4 dots

1.5. : 5 dots

2.0. : 6 dots

0.50 : no dot.

i recently ordered 2 spare 0.4mm nozzles from a canadian ultimaker distributor and they were milled instead of lazer etched and have no dots.

If they were from shop3d.ca then I most likely supplied the nozzles (unless they got some from UM but then why did they order from me?). I think it should have the dots. If not dots then they are .25mm. Look more carefully?

The dots are always milled or drilled. The older nozzles are laser etched with the nozzle size and the newest nozzles are milled with the size. Steel nozzles are .5mm and are a different color (steel is gray, brass is yellowish)