Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
RenLDN

Build plate goes too high

Hi

I'm using Ultimaker 2.

Today I opened the cover for the controller board on the bottom of the machine in order to install new extruder.

I managed install new extruder, but since then, the build plate goes too high and hits the nozzle.

It seems like the machine does not know maximum height for the build plate anymore.

I tried to set height of the build plate from Maintenance >Build plate, but it did not fix the problem.

Is there anyone had similar problem and fixed it?

Hi @RenLDN,

Welcome to the forums :)

Have you already tried to level your bed? (Not sure if that is what you mean by Maintenance - Buildplate, just making sure.)

What happens when you follow this procedure? Does it seem OK while doing the leveling, but afterwards when you start a print it goes higher?

If you could walk us through what is happening, that would probably be helpful.

What kind of new extruder / printhead did you install?

• Like 1

I don't know exactly how the layout of the UM2 is, but this sounds like you might have accidentally unplugged a Zmin endstop while fiddling with your board... Try taking the cover off again and check that all cables are secured properly on the board.

• Like 1

Hi, IRobertI

Thank you very much for the reply.

The firmware was for the Ultimaker Extended as you thought.

The linked file on the instruction form was wrong firmware...

Now my machine seems like working well. Thank you very much for your help.

Did you accidentally install the firmware for an extended? That's what it sounds like to me.

Edited by Guest

Hi SandervG

Thank you very much for your reply.

it turned out I installed wrong firmware... silly me.

I installed BONDTECH QR3.0 Lefthand and Olsson Bloack to my Ultimaker 2.

It seems like working well now.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi @RenLDN,

Welcome to the forums :)

Have you already tried to level your bed? (Not sure if that is what you mean by Maintenance - Buildplate, just making sure.)

What happens when you follow this procedure? Does it seem OK while doing the leveling, but afterwards when you start a print it goes higher?

If you could walk us through what is happening, that would probably be helpful.

What kind of new extruder / printhead did you install?

• Like 1

Hi, tommyph1208

Thank you very much for your reply.

I opened the cover and checked all the cables connected.

I contacted to the extruder company and it turned out I installed wrong firmware...

Now my machine is working fine.

Thank you very much for your help!

I don't know exactly how the layout of the UM2 is, but this sounds like you might have accidentally unplugged a Zmin endstop while fiddling with your board... Try taking the cover off again and check that all cables are secured properly on the board.