Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Marcel2016

50W heater cartridge - experience?

Has anyone tried to use a 50W heater cartridge on UM2 with Olsson Block? The 25W heater is too weak in many cases.

Could this one be used for both small and big nozzles? Or will the temperature overshoot at 0.25 mm nozzle and a speed of 50 mm/s? I´m using nozzles from 0.25 mm to 0.8 mm.

How fast can you print with UM2+ 35W heater? The UM2 25W heater can go up to about 50 mm/s at 0.4 mm nozzle.

I have a 50w heater in my UM2go olsson block. It works great on every nozzle. You can print just as fast with 35w but 50w heats up faster from cold. I just wanted faster heat up times because of how the 2go heat bed setup works.

You just need to tune the pid settings which is best done with tinkergnome firmware but you can also do it in pronterface.

I have a 50w heater in my UM2go olsson block. It works great on every nozzle. You can print just as fast with 35w but 50w heats up faster from cold. I just wanted faster heat up times because of how the 2go heat bed setup works.

You just need to tune the pid settings which is best done with tinkergnome firmware but you can also do it in pronterface.

Where have you bought the 50W heater?