Faulty prints

MDSBhaskar

• 5 weeks later...
Posted · Faulty prints

Looks like you have problem with layer shifting which is most often caused by the pulleys on the motor shafts being loose:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide#shifted

Also, what is going on with your bed? It looks like a horror show, is that a ton of glue or what is it?

Thank you for the suggestion. My printer had the problem of heating up of motors. I changed the current settings from 1300 mA to 1000 mA. Now its working fine.

I want to know does reducing the current to such extent can damage the motors in long run?

How much low current settings are acceptable by the motors?

Is there any way to cool these motors by attaching heatsink and fans to them?

Posted (edited) · Faulty prints

Afaik lowering the amps would just lower the torque, not affecting the lifespan.

Lowest setting would also cut the torque force, it's a matter of testing how low you can go without underextrusion (motor skipping steps due lack of power).

Yeah you can attach heatsinks on the nema motors, I have mines with a simple nema heatsink hold by just Aluminium tape (good for high temps) so I can remove them if they give any issue (no issues whatsoever so far). I did that because the summer in Spain it's quite too much and the heat from the motor + ambient was making the pla weaker.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Faulty prints

Umm the print error was due heat? What's the room temperature you had? Also, you mean heatsink on the stepper chips or the actual motors?

I did also install some small heatsinks on the boards just in case, I'm a bit over cautious since the pst year summer made my z chip to miss steps at a room temp of 32-34C. fast fix its to remove the board cover or place a fan hitting below the printer. But for me that only it's a problem after 2-3h print time when the room gets really hot. Now that I have 3 printers I just use airconditioning to keep the room at 28C

Edited by Guest

Posted · Faulty prints

Umm the print error was due heat? What's the room temperature you had? Also, you mean heatsink on the stepper chips or the actual motors?

I did also install some small heatsinks on the boards just in case, I'm a bit over cautious since the pst year summer made my z chip to miss steps at a room temp of 32-34C. fast fix its to remove the board cover or place a fan hitting below the printer. But for me that only it's a problem after 2-3h print time when the room gets really hot. Now that I have 3 printers I just use airconditioning to keep the room at 28C

Thank you neotko.

The temperature in the rooms is around 35-40 degree celsius.

I plan to put a hit sink with fans to the motors . Should i go ahead?

Posted · Faulty prints

35-40C might be problematic as it would for many computers also. I would install a small fan hitting the bottom of the printer to move out the heat, I think since the heat is so high it might even be good idea to remove the cover of the board so it has constant air flow.

Other idea, and more 'beautiful' could be to use any mod to install a fan for the board. Maybe something like this: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-2-coolboard-duct-for-control-board-cooling

• Like 1

Posted · Faulty prints

I am facing another problem with my prints. faults.thumb.jpg.9bb10a4c31ea24c39091f904356becad.jpg.

Kindly help me.

faults.thumb.jpg.9bb10a4c31ea24c39091f904356becad.jpg

Posted · Faulty prints

To be able to help you we need to know the material type, settings, print time since last time change ptfe coupler, mods of the machine, etc.

Posted · Faulty prints

To be able to help you we need to know the material type, settings, print time since last time change ptfe coupler, mods of the machine, etc.

Material : PLA

Settings: 0.6mm nozzle, shell thickness 1.2, layer height 0.25mm, fill density- 18 %, print speed 30 mm/sec.

Print time 14 hours.

Machine is ultimaker 2

Posted · Faulty prints

And temperature? Try to raise the temp 10C just in case, anyway it's quite slow.

Maybe some user with print experience with UM2 can pinpoint your problem. But I think you are just under-extruding due one or more of this possibilities:

a) Lack of temperature

b) Filament size might not be 2.85mm perfect. Can you check that isn't more or close to 3.00mm?

c) You might need to clean the feeder knurted bolt

d) You might need to check the Bowden tube status to double check it's in good condition.

Posted · Faulty prints

And temperature? Try to raise the temp 10C just in case, anyway it's quite slow.

Maybe some user with print experience with UM2 can pinpoint your problem. But I think you are just under-extruding due one or more of this possibilities:

a) Lack of temperature

b) Filament size might not be 2.85mm perfect. Can you check that isn't more or close to 3.00mm?

c) You might need to clean the feeder knurted bolt

d) You might need to check the Bowden tube status to double check it's in good condition.

Temperature 215 degree celsius

bed temperature 60 degree celsius