Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Harish

underextrusion again & again & again

hi all,

have been using by 5 month old ultimaker on and off whenever i could get time,

i have always come across under extrusion issues every once in a while.

i do not know wat i could be possibly doing wrong . i use the quicksetting and give a high quality print mostly but still i end up with issues,

i correct the tension of the feeder, i unclog the nozzle, i unwind the filament spool (so tat its easier for the feeder to feed the filament), i have opened the feedermechanism and havent found any irregularity in it.

i am really fed up ,

i hope i wasnt shipped out a defective ultimaker.

enclosed is the image , if anybody could help ,

a lot of my time is wasted in doing trial and error & i feel i constantly need to keep a check on my print every 15 mins , which is very annoying.

the only pysical damge issue that i could think of is that the pressure indicator broke once when myself & the local installation technician were trying to fix the under extrusion issue couple of months back..(but i always ensure that the screw is at the highest point)

please please help

IMG_3207.thumb.JPG.323376ed2d25406288fa53367ae39aa5.JPG

IMG_3211.thumb.JPG.c4082191aee931b0dc72a16e35dab000.JPG

IMG_3207.thumb.JPG.323376ed2d25406288fa53367ae39aa5.JPG

IMG_3211.thumb.JPG.c4082191aee931b0dc72a16e35dab000.JPG

I don't even see the tension indicator sticking out.... take the cover of the feeder and put it back with the tension indicator sticking out..... it's the little notch on the part holding the spring.

Then like neotko says screw it down till the indicator is half way.

Edit...

OK I'm not reading... it broke off... I would replace the part. Will only cost like a euro or so. Any reseller should be able to order it for you.

Edited by Guest

And if ordering the part takes a long time you can just print one to bridge the time .... it's in the um2+ model on github. Just Google "github ultimaker 2+" you need software to translate the .step into an stl but many programs can do that... like the free "fusion360".