Change temperature sensor and Heater

Posted · Change temperature sensor and Heater

Hello everybody!

I was not able to re-use my temperature sensor and my heater because you are stuck inside the extrusion block.

Now I took a block from olsson 3DSolex, but I have to remove the old block with the temperature sensor and the heater and sostiutire everything with new parts.

There is a video that shows how to properly carry out the operation of replacing heater and the temperature sensor?

I have replaced about 10 blocks and the damn temp sensor is VERY HARD to get out. But I always seem to manage. I use a sewing needle to pry it up but first I spray WD40 into the racks around it (makes a mess - put newspaper or rag on the glass to protect the glass from oil) then I heat it to 180C and hold block with pliers (so I don't burn fingers). Once it reaches 180C I cut power (if heater or temp sensor slips out while heating the heater will quickly head for 1000C and glow like a light bulb!). Then I hold block with pliers so I don't burn fingers and pry out the temp sensor with the needle until just enough sticks out that I can grab the metal part of the sensor with needle-nose pliers and twist like a screw back and forth while sliding it out.

I have replaced about 10 blocks and the damn temp sensor is VERY HARD to get out.  But I always seem to manage.  I use a sewing needle to pry it up but first I spray WD40 into the racks around it (makes a mess - put newspaper or rag on the glass to protect the glass from oil) then I heat it to 180C and hold block with pliers (so I don't burn fingers).  Once it reaches 180C I cut power (if heater or temp sensor slips out while heating the heater will quickly head for 1000C and glow like a light bulb!).  Then I hold block with pliers so I don't burn fingers and pry out the temp sensor with the needle until just enough sticks out that I can grab the metal part of the sensor with needle-nose pliers and twist like a screw back and forth while sliding it out.

OK Thank you but I have the new temp sensor and heater! So I have to replace them.

From the arduino, you mean the boardright?

Sorry I didn't give you what you 'requested'. Sure that videos will give you a starting point.

The part you need about connecting cables it's as easy as taking out the one unused and pluging the new one.

Check this video for that part requested...

Look at minute 00:59 or so

Tahank you! This video is perfect for me!

• Like 1