Changing fill % at different levels

schafe

Posted · Changing fill % at different levels

pump1.thumb.jpg.483a9f937eb385b0a471c77ba01d8b61.jpg

This is a pump holder for a bike that I designed. Is there a way to change the fill % at different levels? What I want to do is have the base filled at 20% and once the print gets to the round clips (about layer 70) I want to switch to 100% fill to make the clips stronger. I tried the "Tweak at Z" plug in and it did not seem to do what I want.

Thanks

pump1.thumb.jpg.483a9f937eb385b0a471c77ba01d8b61.jpg

Here is a little sneak peak into the next release of cura;

infill_mesh_solid.thumb.png.2474814bd2f419c5cdb4135b0f41a475.png

infill_mesh_layers.thumb.png.3a9c1af0ca5d137031f42866d090da87.png

As you can see, we've added infill meshes. These allow you change the infill of an intersection between an object and a infill_mesh. This way you can not only set the infill at layer heights, but at any part where you want it.

infill_mesh_solid.thumb.png.2474814bd2f419c5cdb4135b0f41a475.png

infill_mesh_layers.thumb.png.3a9c1af0ca5d137031f42866d090da87.png

• Like 7

@nallath: Oohh... if you continue like this, Cura is really becoming a usable application... :p

Seriously: That's pretty cool. What about extending those meshes to more settings? I think e.g. of a replacement for the old RetractWhileCombing plugin. Would be very interesting, what do you think?

@nallath: Oohh... if you continue like this, Cura is really becoming a usable application... :p

Ssh. Don't let anyone hear that! People might start thinking that we know what we are doing ;)

What about extending those meshes to more settings?

It already works with quite a few settings, but most of them are setting related. I haven't tried it yet, but it should be possible to also change the retraction, speeds, accelerations, etc. It can also change the infill pattern, number of walls, etc.

• Like 1