Delete account

ajo

Posted · Delete account

As far as I know there is now way. Sorry. Just stop using the account? I can delete all of your 3 posts ever made if you want and I can ban you but the account will still exist. You can also change all your profile settings (like what printers you have and where you live) all to "secret" or "anonymous" or just blank. But the account can't be deleted as far as I know.

If you want to stop getting emails from ultimaker - now that's pretty easy to do. It's in your profile settings. I turned all of those off myself.

• 3 years later...
    Posted · Delete account

I accidently made two accounts, and unfortunately this page was the top result for "deleting ultimaker account"...

I found the answer in a cloud security article, which says to email security@ultimaker.com about cancelling your account

I assume the original asker figured this out, but maybe people like me who find this article first will appreciate it having the answer...

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012009799-Ultimaker-Cloud-security 

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Delete account

Sending an email to either support@ultimaker.com or security@ultimaker.com with an account cancellation request works. We'll make sure that your account is then deleted from all the different systems that are used.

Posted · Delete account

I don't understand peterfrosta.  Do you want your account deleted?  Or not?

It's easy for you to disable all notifications if the problem is that you are getting mail from this forum.  We prefer not to delete any posts as other people can read your posts and learn from them.  The point of this forum/community is for people to help each other.

Or if you created a topic and you are very embarrassed I can delete all your posts in a particular topic.  What is it that you want exactly?  You can also send me a direct message if you want to keep the conversation private.

Posted · Delete account
    On 11/26/2020 at 12:16 AM, peterfrosta said:

SO BAD!

Edit your Account Manage site

Hi @peterfrosta,

Allow me to explain a bit why there is not a simple button on account.ultimaker.com to remove your account.

Ultimaker provides many services that require the usage of an account. This community is one of them, but so are Marketplace, Digital Factory, Academy, and so on. Some of these systems were built by Ultimaker, others we buy from 3rd parties (like Community). Because of this, data belonging to your account is distributed between many different databases. For security reasons there is often no way to remove the data for 'any random user' from these systems. So what happens is that if you request account removal via a support ticket, the Ultimaker support people will forward that request to all teams managing one or more of these services, and they remove the data belonging to your account in whatever way is best for that particular service. This ensures actual removal of all data, not sure the single account entry.

While this might seem a bit 'ancient', note that this is actually more compliant with privacy laws like GDPR than a button (which will never have the abilities described above) in the Account portal would ever be. Such a button would require a big system behind it to actually ensure the removal of all data across all the services (if possible at all). The low frequency in account removals makes it simply not worth the investment of building such a system.

Maybe the user experience could be improved a bit, like automatically sending support that email via a link in the Account portal, but as you might imagine our teams are already very busy with other work that, at the moment, gets higher priority. I'll see if I can push something in between all the other work to at least add a link or something.

Hopefully this gave you (and others) a bit of insight into why the account removal works like it does. If you have remaining questions feel free to ask them.

Kind regards,

Chris

• Like 1

Posted · Delete account

I was able to find a spare half our to make some improvements.

We'll be rolling out the following change somewhere this week on https://account.ultimaker.com/app/security:

image.thumb.png.57597ac008ba1f7568a8d356b3b4b9ec.png

It doesn't automate the process, but at least makes it way easier to find out how to initiate it.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Posted · Delete account

maybe not the best solution, but so much better than before.