Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
yellowshark

Deleted images

Hi I have just put a post together including a number of images, not for the first time, and when I go into Preview each image has been replaced with a message - "this image has been deleted". What would cause that?

Maybe the server is full?

So did you click on the icon second from the right? And choose the upload tab? And then choose photos on your own computer? Or did you do something different such as use the center icon, "add external image". I strongly recommend NOT using external link but instead download the images to your computer and then upload them to ultimaker.

Yup I used the icon on the rhs, not the external image icon. No I did not use the upload tab as I had already moved the images I wanted into the gallery. The display is showing 28 images whereas I have 30 images in the gallery.

There seems to be a disconnect between the Gallery and the Forum GUI. I have just deleted two pics from my Gallery but they are still showing in the display when I s;ect the Image Gallery icon when creating a posting.

Of course it is all pretty irrelevant I think to my original post about my pics being deleted; unless of course the process cannot access the server to get the images?

Edited by Guest

Well got up this morning and it is now all working so I guess there was maybe server disconnect. One thing I did notice was that if you add a pic to your gallery and then go to a post to insert the pic, the new pic is still not showing on the select display - there seems to be some delay in making new pics available to other functions, which I do not remember happening before - I overcame that by doing direct "upload" from my PC

hmm thank you for sharing. It is the first time I hear it.

What did happen to me in the past was that it did not load all the uploaded images in my album unless I scrolled to the bottom really fast.. But that was fixed 2 iterations ago.

I'll ask if there indeed is a delay and when this occurs.

The first tab should say "search image", right? And you have to hover over the image and then choose "full" to insert it, right? Or does it not show up at all? It all works for me. When you insert the image it shows up as this html-like text with some kind of image number but when you click "post reply" the image shows up in the post. It sounds like it wasn't working temporarily and now it *is* working maybe? I'm thinking something was wrong with the pictures. I usually shrink the pictures to be only one or two thousand pixels wide (a few million pixels) and not these 10 megapixel images. Maybe some of your images were too big???

Hi Gr5, yes it all displays as you said. I think our posts have crossed. It is all working now, i.e. my pics are being displayed in the search panel and I can post pics without getting the "Your image has been deleted" message when I check Preview. I suspect highly, as you suggested, that there was a server connection problem last night. I did notice this morning that there was still a delay in uploading a pic to one's gallery and that pic being available for inclusion in a post; @SanderVg has picked up this point. Thanks for your help :)

That is not quite my "problem". Uploading a photo from my PC to my Album works fine. But if I then try to include that photo into a post, there is a problem. I select the Image gallery icon, 2nd from right, and a panel is displayed with images from my Gallery. The newly uploaded photo is not there. If I come back later, ooh I don't know really, let us say 10 minutes, it is there.

Edited by Guest