Problem printing

paul9

Posted · Problem printing

um23.thumb.jpg.5ca1c570b68cf19cf6d39bf182dc3a23.jpg

I can not figure out how to solve this problem.

Not always the case, it did not happen with the press of ultimaker robots, but on other occasions reoccurs.

I followed the advice of well clean the z axis and lubricate it with special oil.

But there continues to be this problem.

um23.thumb.jpg.5ca1c570b68cf19cf6d39bf182dc3a23.jpg

The strings might be caused by retraction being switched off, so that the nozzle leaks while traveling. Have you checked that?

The thick line at the height of the top of the big part, might be caused by the sudden change in area of the part. This suddenly gives a different cooling time of the next layer (actually less time to cool), which often shows up in my prints too. Try printing cooler or print two or three parts at the same time, and see if that helps.

The thinner part halfway seems like: or underextrusion, or there is something wrong with the Z-movement (which you already addressed).

Does this occur only when the printer has been off for some time? Or always? And always at the same *height* (for objects of different size too), or always at the same *time* after starting?

If it would always occur at the same height, also for different objects, I would think of something wrong in the Z-axis.

If that underextrusion would only occur after the printer has been off for hours, and always around the same *time* after the start (when printing at the same speed), could it be that a part of the filament has been flattened in the feeder, due to being too long under pressure? And that that flattened piece is now too wide and has difficulty getting through the print head, coupler and nozzle? You could write a black mark on the filament with an alcohol marker, just before it is entering the feeder, and see if that mark just moves up to the feeder when the problem occurs?

I am just thinking aloud...

The strings might be caused by retraction being switched off, so that the nozzle leaks while traveling. Have you checked that?

The thick line at the height of the top of the big part, might be caused by the sudden change in area of the part. This suddenly gives a different cooling time of the next layer (actually less time to cool), which often shows up in my prints too. Try printing cooler or print two or three parts at the same time, and see if that helps.

The thinner part halfway seems like: or underextrusion, or there is something wrong with the Z-movement (which you already addressed).

Does this occur only when the printer has been off for some time? Or always? And always at the same *height* (for objects of different size too), or always at the same *time* after starting?

If it would always occur at the same height, also for different objects, I would think of something wrong in the Z-axis.

If that underextrusion would only occur after the printer has been off for hours, and always around the same *time* after the start (when printing at the same speed), could it be that a part of the filament has been flattened in the feeder, due to being too long under pressure? And that that flattened piece is now too wide and has difficulty getting through the print head, coupler and nozzle? You could write a black mark on the filament with an alcohol marker, just before it is entering the feeder, and see if that mark just moves up to the feeder when the problem occurs?

I am just thinking aloud...

My printer worked lately, but this release is the second I've done since I installed the kit and 1,75mm from the new feeder adapted MK8 for filaments from 1,75mm.

Could you try to print towers, of 1-2-3cm on the same print but spaced, to check the Z? They don't need to big big on width, but just tall.

Ok I take your advice and I will do this test to see what happens.