Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
darn

Ultimaker resetting during print

Hi,

i have been using my printer now for about a month. There were no problems. But now it randomly stops printing and seems to reset. This can happen immediately after starting the print job or after two hours, totally random.

The printing stops, the printer looses power, the lights go out, then the lights turn on again and the printer is in start mode.

I am using a sd-card for printing, not an usb connection.

What can be the cause of this?

Usually it's a loose power cable. It is supposed to snap in and if you pull on it then it should not come out. If your power cable doesn't fall out easily then alternatively it's probably a bad power supply. I know they are expensive like €100 but it may be your only option. Although if it is only a month old maybe you can get a new one for free. Talk to your support people and refer to this thread.

You both right and wrong

Ultimaker didn't change the model, but meanwell the guys that make the PSU umo+/um2 uses, declared not long ago the old model obsolete and released other that technically is the same but maybe ia different?

Same same but different.

Old model: gs220a24-r7b

Newest: gst220a24-r7b