Ultimaker Original Tempurature Sensor

richerte

Posted · Ultimaker Original Tempurature Sensor

I have been an owner of the Ultimaker Original+ for a little around a year and have been having troubles with my temperature sensor. I am unable to remove it from the aluminum heating block, and it is not outputting the correct temperatures. What would be my best option in order to fix it? The printer keeps outputting errors during print such as Maximum and Minimum Temperature. I have been tinkering with it for a week and am unable to get it to work reliably. I'm pretty sure one of the wires is broken off of the sensor, but not entirely sure. Does anyone know of a way to request one from Ultimaker, or to purchase from a 3rd party? I have been unable to find it on any of the reseller websites.

Thanks,

Ethan

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Tempurature Sensor

If you have a pt100 (Ultimaker Original +) then you can send a mail to your local reseller and they should have one for you. Just remember to ask for one for UMO+ since the pt100 for UM2 are shorter (in cable length). Umo+ uses 1.5m cable and um2+ uses 1.2m cable.

A 1.2m can work but you will have yo leave out of the plastic cover loop that follows the bowden (if you installed it like the manual says.

To take itnout, you can heat the hotend to 150C and try to pull it grabbing it by the metal part (if you pull from the cable it will 99% fully break. Also you could push from the exit hole with your green screwdriver. As soon it goes out you must turn of the heat on the block 'asap' or the heater will keep pushing heat and without the sensor it can be dangerous to leave it on.

Other way to do it is. Take out the hotend, put a small drip of WD40 on the exit hole of the pt100 (on the heater block) and support it on a bench or somewhere fixed, then hit it with the green screw driver (fits through that hole) until it goes out.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker Original Tempurature Sensor

If you have a pt100 (Ultimaker Original +) then you can send a mail to your local reseller and they should have one for you. Just remember to ask for one for UMO+ since the pt100 for UM2 are shorter (in cable length). Umo+ uses 1.5m cable and um2+ uses 1.2m cable.

A 1.2m can work but you will have yo leave out of the plastic cover loop that follows the bowden (if you installed it like the manual says.

To take itnout, you can heat the hotend to 150C and try to pull it grabbing it by the metal part (if you pull from the cable it will 99% fully break. Also you could push from the exit hole with your green screwdriver. As soon it goes out you must turn of the heat on the block 'asap' or the heater will keep pushing heat and without the sensor it can be dangerous to leave it on.

Other way to do it is. Take out the hotend, put a small drip of WD40 on the exit hole of the pt100 (on the heater block) and support it on a bench or somewhere fixed, then hit it with the green screw driver (fits through that hole) until it goes out.

So the pt100 is for the UMO+ Correct? Online it said it was not compatible with UMO. (as long as I order a longer cable)

I kept trying to remove the cable from the hot end, using the blunt end of a drill bit which fit nicely in the hole, and was able to get it out probably 5mm, then I tried to pull it out with a pair of pliers, but I kept bending the metal casing of the sensor, which seems to have damaged the wiring inside. Now it only works when I hold the wires in a certain position. I sent a few emails around to see who has the 1.5m long cable in stock, and I'm waiting for a response.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Tempurature Sensor

Yea pt100 is the one UMO+ uses, UMO NON plus used a thermocouple.

This is the UMO (no for plus) sensor cable

https://ultimaker.tr3sdland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Thermocouple-Sensor.jpg

And this PT100 is the one umo+ and um2 uses (but different cable lengths)

https://ultimaker.tr3sdland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/PT100-B-sensor.jpg

Edited by Guest