My Ultimaker 3

VapeLounge

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

Yikes. Well PVA is very difficult to print but you should be able to do this.

Could you post a photo of the model and the slice view in cura?

The picture is a bit blurry so I could be wrong but I don't see any PVA sticking to the glass. Is that true? If so I think you just have your leveling off for your PVA nozzle. Is PVA in nozzle 2? Did you do the second nozzle calibration?

The most important thing to do - in order to get PLA and PVA to stick to glass is to smush it in. Because of this I turned auto leveling off and ran both leveling processes without the paper - by eye - such that the nozzle just barely touched the glass. But it could be as simple as you never did the second nozzle calibration.

Whatever process you use to level nozzle 1 must be exactly the same as nozzle 2. You DO NOT WANT one nozzle slightly higher (even by 0.05mm) than the other. If so then the lower nozzle will knock the print a lot.

Posted (edited) · My Ultimaker 3

The second thing is don't mess with "support horizontal expansion" in "support" section.  It should default to 3mm.  This is critical as it allows all the PVA to be connected to itself and that way nowhere do you have to rely on PVA sticking above PLA.  PLA on top of PVA works well but PVA on top of PLA does not work well.  It barely - sort of - works - half the time.  But having the 3mm expansion connects all the PVA together on most models.

Edited by Guest

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

Thank you very much friend. Now I try with the advice you gave me.

The second thing is don't mess with "support horizontal expansion" in "support" section.  It should default to 3mm.  This is critical as it allows all the PVA to be connected to itself and that way nowhere do you have to rely on PVA sticking above PLA.  PLA on top of PVA works well but PVA on top of PLA does not work well.  It barely - sort of - works - half the time.  But having the 3mm expansion connects all the PVA together on most models.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

Well, after calibrating the plan succeeds is another problem. Printing starts correctly, but when the machine needs to change the extruder to roll out the PVA does not switch it. Have you any suggestions?

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

when the machine needs to change the extruder to roll out the PVA does not switch it.

I'm not sure I understand this sentence. Are you saying it is printing support with PLA? Or no support? In either of these 2 cases you would have seen that in Cura layer view. Always check cura layer view before starting a print. In layer view you can click near the top right corner on "pla" or "pva" and it highlights that material in a brighter color for the current layer.

So slide the layer to a layer that should include both support and non-support and click on pla and pva.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

I know that this new Cura can be very frustrating. I hated it the first 48 hours but after about 5 prints I was quite comfortable with it.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

I mean that the stand should be PVA, but the printer when it has to change extruder approaches the side where the hook but does not do the shot is placed.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

There is also a calibrate procedure for the "change nozzle" movement. I didn't have to run it as they do that at the factory.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

I followed the procedure, does it correctly. So I find it strange that at the time of printing does not do so correctly.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

I'm trying with simple settings and everything works properly. Probably there is some setting in advanced that by problems. We hope to solve.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

Photos please. Photo of the problem and photo of the same spot in slice view.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

IMG_2245.thumb.jpg.475f0970afaa58d4440d65596721be5c.jpg[/media][/media]

Photos please.  Photo of the problem and photo of the same spot in slice view.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3
    IMG_2246.thumb.jpg.e855415a8e60e76af2eaed8f899263d6.jpg

Posted · My Ultimaker 3
    IMG_2247.thumb.jpg.378f4bf7c563b903096f3480536246a7.jpg

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

When I asked for photos I meant a photo showing the part.

Showing it in slice view. Show that the part is good (or bad) in slice view.

Then if it looks good in slice view and you printed it and it came out bad I need a photo of that also.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

These settings look good to me. You have it set up to do support with pva. Is that what you want?

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

I am certain that I would like that.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

Then look at the part in layer view next and see what is PVA and what is PLA. Make sure support is in PVA.

Posted · My Ultimaker 3

Then look at the part in layer view next and see what is PVA and what is PLA. Make sure support is in PVA.

Ok M8. Thx so much.