Cura 2.x crashes on startup

ProAce

Posted · Cura 2.x crashes on startup

I have been having problems with cura 2.x for quite a while now. Everytime I startup the program it crashes and doesn't even go into the GUI. Cura 15.x does run, sometimes, but has a lot less features. I have reinstalled windows and that didn't change anything.

I have both files the faq asked for:

DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/2dvFbh9P

cura.log: http://pastebin.com/ANB8kAFG

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

2.x is not really specific enough. 2.1 profile saving can have a bug which creates bad profiles which cause cura to crash. Try to remove your profiles cached in AppData (?)   folder.

This problem should not be introduced anymore as of cura 2.3, though if introduced by 2.1, cura 2.3 will still crash until the profiles are removed.

Hi ProAce,

Welcome in here!

What version of Windows are you using?

As bargel-orb said you need to delete the old profile file in the "user/app directory".

Also the kind of computer used may be the issue, esp the graphic card.

Had the same problem with my laptop.

Thanks.

Torgeir.

I'm using Windows 10 on a I7 4790k and a MSI HD7950 and 8GB of ram, according to the faq that should work just fine. It also runs perfectly on my laptop (Core I3 5010U, Intel HD graphics, 4GB ram) but it just won't boot at my desktop.

I deleted all the user related files in AppData that I could find. But I don't see how any old files could still be there as I did a complete clean install of windows. I have had this everytime on my PC but not on my desktop, so when I'm back at home I'll check the programs running on each and see what might cause a problem.

Hi ProAce,

Hmm.. Your desktop should really cope with Cura 2.3.1.

An idea could be to have a look in Windows "Event Viewer \ "Saved Logs" to see if there is any crash report in there for Cura. Might give a hint about your problem.

There was a request for minimum "Open gl2", but I'll guess your display card can cope with this easily. Latest version is 4.5. See here: https://www.opengl.org/

Win 10 also had some start "hick ups", but latest revision is "sometimes" the best..

Also latest display card drivers might be something, but you've prob. done this?

This "AppData" under users (you), is intended to keep the "info" about your programs settings etc., even if you reinstall Windows.

Might be someone else in here with some more info to fill inn.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks.

Torgeir.