Care to take a guess at this issue?

avluis

Posted (edited) · Care to take a guess at this issue?

UM3E here~

So while printing this thing from that thing place (just the base piece mind you) - had an interesting issue, so decided to print it again - this time with the second extruder.

IMG_20161216_180238.thumb.jpg.7b00cab1cd537249301f97f9fde760b3.jpg

Item on the left is printed with the bundled PLA - item on the right was printed with Maker Series `Urban Fossil` PLA.

What do you guys think? And what can I do to avoid this?

I've yet to mess with the main extruder after this print in order to avoid further issues for now.

IMG_20161216_180238.thumb.jpg.7b00cab1cd537249301f97f9fde760b3.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Care to take a guess at this issue?

That is a severe case of underetrusion. And it looks like it happened quite suddenly which makes me think that something might have happened with the spool. Could it be as simple as the filament getting tangled on the spool?

Posted (edited) · Care to take a guess at this issue?

Thanks @IRobertI -- I'll take a bit of time and inspect the spool to see what happened.

Hoping it was a simple issue as you described.

---

Had a chance to remove the filament and inspect the spool -- had no issue with that but the slack in the bowden tube showed plenty of bite so it was definitely stuck at some point -- or it simply had a hard time rotating the spool -- going to have to set up a camera back there to see what is going on those long prints.

IMG_20161217_151412.thumb.jpg.6fd47d6c21a31cbb6246ef4df8d3b3de.jpg

IMG_20161217_151412.thumb.jpg.6fd47d6c21a31cbb6246ef4df8d3b3de.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Care to take a guess at this issue?

You may also want to go ahead and do an Atomic cleaning on the AA Core that had the under extrusion, just to make sure there's no burnt material in the nozzle, since it sounds like it kept running overnight after failing to extrude. The UM2 atomic method instructions here should work equally well for your AA Core. The only difference should be the menu for setting the temperature. I think it's Material --> Print Core 1/2 --> Set Temperature now.

If you have issues with the BB nozzle however, there are different instructions here, due to PVA being more temperature sensitive.