Missing Nozzle Diameter Settings

LupusOrchid

Posted · Missing Nozzle Diameter Settings

I purchased a 3rd party steel nozzle for the Olsson Block in my Ultimaker 2+ because I'm going to be using a somewhat abrasive material for a special print. The nozzle diameter is 0.5mm, not one of the standard 4 sizes included with the Nozzle Kit (0.25, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8).

I am unable to locate where in Cura I can manually enter the nozzle diameter, as I can only find the standard 4 sizes in a drop-down. I've gone into Preferences -> Configure Cura -> Settings -> Settings Visibility. I manually looked through the entire list and there's no option for "Nozzle Diameter." I even filtered for "nozzle" and "diameter" separately; no luck.

I asked a friend with Cura to show me where it's supposed to be. He was using a Mac, and the setting is there. It's not present in my PC version of the software. Am I missing something? Did Ultimaker forget to put it in the PC version of Cura?

Printer: Ultimaker 2+

Cura: 2.3.1 PC 64bit

You will find nozzle size in Preferences -> Configure Cura -> Printers

Click on your machine and click 'Machine Settings'

Atleast for my Ultimaker Orginal, I would assume its the same on Ultimaker 2+

But as Neotko mentioned, line width will do the same.

I'm using a 0.4 nozzle and usally have line width 0,35 to get better prints

Posted (edited) · Missing Nozzle Diameter Settings

Is width alone enough?  I guess Cura will adjust the flow rate to compensate for the larger width?

Edited by Guest

In Cura 4.5.0 at least, I can change the nozzle by going to "settings", "extruder 1", "nozzle size."

in Cura 4.6.1 you need to change the line setting! Nozzle size is gone!

A printer definition can either have a nice dropdown of different nozzle sizes to use OR it can have its nozzle size manually adjusted in the Extruder tab of the Machine Settings dialog. Cura does not allow for both, since you would get conflicting settings.

On 12/23/2016 at 9:59 AM, catohagen said:

Using Cura 4.6.1 now. These preferences are not present on my Creality printer at least.  See photos

image.thumb.png.689d637f4e78bbe2586083f61c9ac18c.pngimage.thumb.png.e5a6c7d60b6f56023abb8091f7b3c499.png

The solution is:

PREPARE > *nozzle diameter in units* dropdown >Nozzle dropdown > Supported value.

It is shown in the top bar next to selected printer.

Happy printing.

But the dropdown in Cura 4.6.2 just reports 'EMPTY' on one of my printers but gives the choice on another. How do I make them all shows the same variables?

Hi,

I had the same issue trying to define the nozzle diameter, and solved it with a workaround by defining a new custom printer. This way the nozzle diameter entry field becomes enabled.

After that, you'll have to enter all the remaining configuration parameters by copying them from your original printer's config and finally renaming the custom printer with the name of your choice.

I added a second printer in settings and then the nozzle sized showed up. Along with the imported files .