BB Print Core is having issues

memory556

Posted · BB Print Core is having issues

Hey guys!

So I printed with my AA and BB print cores when I first got my printer, then when I ran out of PVA, I went the use both AA cores. I just got some PVA, finally! :D, and have come to find out the my BB print core is jammed? It barely extrudes and the feeder grinds on the material. The extruded material is mostly brown and a little clear. Any idea how to fix this? I have some prints for work that I need to get done. Thanks guys!!

• 5 months later...

I got the same problem.

I don't think that the PVA works. I been asking to the support with out any solution.

I been trying to work with it for a month without lock. and now it is completely jammed. And the solution of ultimaker is to send them my BB to try to unjammed.

I'm very disappointed.

Hi @TonyDG, welcome to the forums!

We're sorry to hear you have had difficulties printing with PVA. It is definitely no easy material to work with, but it works with the right treatment.

Have you been keeping it in a drybox in between print jobs, and not stored on your Ultimaker for (many) hours / days in a row? PVA absorbs moist from the air and it could add to the difficulty to use it. In an oven or with silica you can often subtract a lot of the moist, but you know.. prevention is better than cure ;)

What were the difficulties you were facing?

Have you tried hot and cold pulls?

I'm happy you got the offer to send back your print core to get it fixed. Sounds like some good service. Hopefully we can give you the know-how to happily work with PVA upon the return of your print core! Let us know what questions you might have :)