UM3 prints in air

FormFaktor

Posted · UM3 prints in air

Hi there!

I have an UM3 for some time, it works well, but after switching to cura 2.4 beta and back to 2.3.1 something wrong started to happen.

While printing with two materials, when print cores switch and the printhead is near this white switch panel wainting to heat up the printer already starts to extrude material. When the printhead moves toward printed object it already has a string of material attached and it sticks to the printing.

I suspect some there is an option in Cura responsible for this.

I don't use prime towers, but this wasn,t a problem earlier as everything worked well.

Do You guys have any ideas?

Posted (edited) · UM3 prints in air

No idea what is causing it, but did you do a clean reinstall of 2.3.1 ?

I mean clean these settings folders? It may help?

If you have like custom profiles back them up first .....

on windows7;

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\cura

Edited by Guest

No idea what is causing it, but did you do a clean reinstall of 2.3.1 ?

I mean clean these settings folders? It may help?

If you have like custom profiles back them up first .....

on windows7;

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\cura

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

So as an update I have to tell, that problem is not solved. Even with Prime Towers enabled printer attaches strings of material to printed object right after nozzle switch. I reduced temperature to prevent material from leaking but it didn't work.

I don't think that's cura. Maybe it's just printing too fast such that pressure is high in the nozzle when it switches to the other head? Or maybe your filament is less viscous than Ultimaker filament and you need to lower the temperature more? Also note that white filament seems to drip/leak more than other colors.

I admit that travel speed is set to 250, but everything works fine with one-nozzle printig even with more than one element. This also happens to UM PVA material when printing with both nozzles. Its wierd because everything was fine until I updated cura and UM3 to beta softwares. Switching back didn't help :(

I admit that travel speed is set to 250, but everything works fine with one-nozzle printig even with more than one element. This also happens to UM PVA material when printing with both nozzles. Its wierd because everything was fine until I updated cura and UM3 to beta softwares. Switching back didn't help :(

You could do a factory reset with the old firmware. The downside is that you might lost x/y/z calibration of the cores (I'm not sure since I never actually had to use it).