Cracks on Sliding blocks

Posted · Cracks on Sliding blocks

Isn't easy nor hard, but without experience is hard. I would ask IGO to fix the issue. Also @labern made an adapter to keep it 'close & tight' so they keep working without cracking more. But afaik his published design is only for left/right blocks, since front/bottom with this can hit prts of the machine (like z shafts or the printhead on the front)

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/cracked-slide-block-cap

• 2 months later...

I've got exactly the same problem. Pretty soon after I got the UM3 I noticed a crack in the back sliding block. Now 2 months later I see that two other ones have the same problem. Although it doesn't look very hard to replace them yourself, I guess it's wiser to bring it back to the shop. My main concern however is, is this a construction issue. I have the impression. So, what guarantees that the problem is not going to occur again. Aren't the guys from UM following these forums? It would be great if they could comment.

Directly after I posted the previous message I sent a mail to the shop. 5 minutes later I got a reply (it's 9:30 PM over here, what a service !). The shop will take sure UM sends 4 new blocks ASAP. Seems like UM is aware.