Germanys Biggest and Best 3D Print Technology Fair FABCON

ian

Posted · Germanys Biggest and Best 3D Print Technology Fair FABCON

Germany's Biggest and Best 3D Print Technology Fair (Messe) FABCON

If you love to tinker with 3d design or you think your company could benefit from the current Revolution in 3d print technology, then get down to FABCOM in Erfurt Germany!! (14. - 15. Mai 2013)

I will be there personally making a presentation on the modern adoption of 3D Printing in the Architectural and Engineering Industry. Bases on the experience of S&P Gruppe Leipzig.

poster-efurt_zps67fe2137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to attend this fair (and also meet with you Ian since I'm also keen on getting into printing architectural models, both for hobby and perhaps business) but it seems to be "in the middle of noware".

The "Erhurt-Waiman airport" link on the travel page:

http://www.fabcon-germany.com/en/service/travelling-to-messe-erfurt.html

makes me believe it's a very small airport offering only flight to/from Antalya/Mallorca?

I've posted some questions on this via the contact form of Facbon-germany web site so I'll see what they say.

Ian: How and when are you travelling there?

hi guys.

i am going to drive down from Leipzig I think, Its not such a bad drive.

About flying in, i guess flying into Munich would also be quite possible ? also there are a lot more connections going to Munich International than Erfurt.

I hope to meet you all there.

I hope to bring both my ultimakers and I know some more ultimaker people are coming down, so a kinda 3d printing paradise and trainning ground.

should be a lot of fun and I would be very happy to share my wisdown in producing arch models using an ultimaker... :-)

See you guys there !

Ian :-)

ps. Calum, why dont you use this german carpooling website and get over to erfurt on the cheap ?? its a really great little site.. i think the name in german is mitfahregelegenheit.... de.....

Ian :-)

just to remind all the lovely people. the big 3d meet up is in erfurt in 3 weeks.

3 weeks people !!! not 4 weeks, not even 5 weeks !!!

3 !!!!!

Ian ;-)

tick

tick tick

the days are counting down to the big 3d print fair in erfurt....

going to be good guys :-)

Ian

Cross-post from the mailing-list:

Hey everybody,

FabCon 3.D is almost there! Coming week (Tuesday & Wednesday, 14/15. May) Erfurt will be the center of the European 3d-printing universe :)

All major printer companies are on-site (Ultimaking *yeah*, MakerBot, GRRF, Alphacam, fabbster, etc.), but also new startups will present their latest and greatest gadgets (Kühling & Kühling, Shapeking, etc.). But even more important to this community is the speaker line-up: Come to FabCon to meet...

Bernhard Kubicek

Ian Spring

Joris van Tubergen

Harma Woldhuis

Alexander Oster

Mark Moissette

The guys & girls from PPP

Kai Parthy (the creator of Laywood filament)

etc...

Full program here: http://www.fabcon-germany.com/en/conference-programm.html

Everybody is happily invited to join Harma at the Ultimaker community booth! Bring your own Ultimaker, show other how awesome our favorite printer is and get some free filament from Harma as a thank you gift.

I will also bring my own (portable) Ultimaker - everybody who's familiar with the machine is welcome to operate it as well at the Ultimaker booth.

Looking forward to meet some of you! We try to keep you posted through Facebook and Google+.

Take care

Florian

Personal Google+: florian.hcask.com

FabCon Google+: https://plus.google.com/107646804080250177587/posts

FabCon Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fabcon3d?hc_location=stream

Last minute surprise! I will be there!

Awesome, Daid! :cool:

I'll be there, too.

And I'm here already :) In Erfurt, that is.

I heard from Florian that "Modern Masters" is the place to hang out tonight. I was already there but it doesn't open until 18 ;-)

Anyone else wanna join in for beer and talks tonight?

/Daniel

And I'm here already :) In Erfurt, that is.

I heard from Florian that "Modern Masters" is the place to hang out tonight. I was already there but it doesn't open until 18 ;-)

Anyone else wanna join in for beer and talks tonight?

/Daniel

We, Gijs and Sander, are in Erfurt too! We got lots of samples for anyone who is interested. How about a beer tomorrow night? ;) Heard something about a after print party... Hmm :)