Usach

Ultimaker 3 stops connection to Cura after about 20 min

Posted · Ultimaker 3 stops connection to Cura after about 20 min

My Ultimaker 3 is connected by WIFI to my Laptop with Cura.

After about 20 min printing UM3 disconnects from Cura. Means webcam image freezes and UM3 can't be controlled any more.

I can reconnect to UM3 in "manage printers" but any time I need to walk to UM3 to allow the connection by button pressing.

Is there a way that the connection stays longer?

Is there a way to connect without manual confirmation at UM3?

Hello,

Have you solved your problem?

because I have the same problem as you, using Cura also, And I don't know what I can do.

My UM3 is connected in ethernet cable.

best regards

olivier

Got the same problem PLUS my UM always forgets that my Cura is allowed to have access... everytime I start Cura and want to connect I have to allow at the printer...

This is one of those bugs that has proven to be a nightmare to squash. Could you guys send me logs (both from the printer & Cura) and information about your OS & network?

I'm having the same problem. Cura dropping in and out of connection with printer. Sometimes Cura will connect straight away with no problems, sometimes it will request authentication from the printer, sometimes says printer is busy when it is not so I can't send a print. There are four of us using the printer and we are all getting similar problems at random.

I've had IT in to look at connection issues but they say there is nothing wrong so it must be the printer.

We have the printer on a LAN but have tried wireless with similar results.

I have a print going right now (from a USB stick) so can't post the printer logs but I will upload them as soon as it finishes. Any help would be appreciated.

Same here on both counts--Cura disconnects sometimes, and UM3 forgets who I am often. Windows 10 / Cura 2.5.0 / UM3+

I've made a number of fixes for this in 2.6

I've made a number of fixes for this in 2.6

I'll check it out and let you know in a few days if I am still having the same issues.

Thanks nallath

After a couple of days success the printer has locked me out again saying the printer address has not yet responded. Looks like there are still some bugs in 2.6.

I've had much more success staying connected to the printer though so something has made a difference!

Cheers