Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
printedsolid

Center piece of Bertho's Extruder Upgrade

Hello,

I did something really dumb. Darwin awards dumb...

I cleaned my shop shortly after getting my printer running well with the Bertho's extruder upgrade. I was so confident that I threw away the pieces that it replaced. When I made it, I couldn't find the M3X50mm bolts anywhere, so I just ABS glued in some 4-40 threaded rod. You can guess the outcome here: the threaded rod pulled out.

Can someone print me up the center piece for the Bertho's extruder along with the right size screw and spring? I think mine broke because I was overtightening it due to the spring I used having too low of a spring force.

An easy $15 for the printed part, the screw, and the spring. I really don't care what color or material you use.

-Matt

I got some that were like M3x60 with a smooth shaft at the RCA helicopter shop here. Had to buy a bunch so I could probably send you one if you needed it still. Mine are cap heads though, so they wouldn't be exact copies. I got mine to work with a bit of a combination of the Bertho bearing plate and the UM design.

I know this is an old topic but I figured I'd put it out there. I recently made this extruder upgrade, and after a LOT of searching at local stores, I found everything I needed at Sears Hardware. 50mm bolts, springs, washers, and nuts. I felt so stupid buying screws off the internet so I didn't give up looking around town. $4.64 was my total price, cheaper than just the shipping from McMaster Carr!