Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
OmegaCO

Flexible Filament dont stick to build plate

Hello,

I have a question :

I am trying to print a flexible phone case on my Ultimaker 2 Extended with Innoflex.

So... i have discovered that the flexible filament solve from the buildplate after some time. The edges bounce up and dont stick to the buildplate anymore. As I stopped the print i saw that the layer from the buildplate is very glossy and shiny...beautiful.

So, here is my question: Can I make the flexible filament stick to the buildplate (possibly without glue) ?

My bed temperatur is currently 60 ( maybe i should turn the bed temp up?)

I would be very thankful for a response!

Ps : (Please excuse any spelling mistakes, I am from Austria, dont judge me)

For flexibles I use hairspray on a paper towel with windowwasher, and use it to clean the glass. To remove it I put some drips of window washer and it leaves the glass without issues.

Something like this

More on

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/33206-greentec-pla-easy-removal-after-hairspray

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hey!

Thanks for your quick reply

One question: the "window washer" what is this? Is this the liquid you fill in the front of you car for the windshield wipers ? If yes, isnt this dangerous?

Window washer, to clean home windows. It has isopropyl alcohol and other alcohol + perfume. The alcohol makes the surrounding areas drop temp faster due fast dissipation and the liquid breaks the hairspray pva bond. (That's at least my theory)