Start.Gcode

tom

Does Netfabb have a start.gcode file somewhere the way skeinforge does? I've noticed I need to have the M92 E14 command for everything to work correctly. Is this just something I need to add in manually every time or is there a function to do it automatically?

In case you plan on giving a file path I'm on windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

Under the "Machine" tab there's a "..."-button next to "Machine type: Ultimaker", in the window that pops up look under the second tab "Ultimaker specific". At least that's the only place I've found.

I wish there was a way to change the "startup procedure" (not sure what to call it) that Netfabb puts in as well. I really don't like how it homes the printer and then drags the nozzle over to the top left corner before going where it needs to go. I very much preferred how I had it set up in Skeinforge with some pre-extrusion etc.

I wish there was a way to change the "startup procedure" (not sure what to call it) that Netfabb puts in as well. I really don't like how it homes the printer and then drags the nozzle over to the top left corner before going where it needs to go. I very much preferred how I had it set up in Skeinforge with some pre-extrusion etc.

+1

Under the "Machine" tab there's a "..."-button next to "Machine type: Ultimaker", in the window that pops up look under the second tab "Ultimaker specific". At least that's the only place I've found.

I've just resigned myself to editing the gcode after Netfabb generates it. I've learned to live with everything except that long travel move from one corner to the other at Z=0. I hand edit it to Z=20 for safety.

Hi

I've just resigned myself to editing the gcode after Netfabb generates it. I've learned to live with everything except that long travel move from one corner to the other at Z=0. I hand edit it to Z=20 for safety.

The Z=0 is to scrape the nozzle clean. I've never seen it give a problem.

I set the Low and High temps in the material definitions to the same and put my most common temp in the Netfabb GCode header and home it first.

G28

M109 S213

Then you just have to delete the one M109 from your GCode from RepG when the nozzle is at z=10.

In the Netfabb footer I put

M104 S0

G1 Z0 F960

M84

This turns the heater off and homes the nozzle again.

I also remove the M109 S0 at the end which causes the machine to wait forever if you are using the latest Marlin.

You can put an M92 E14 in your Netfabb GCode header too but if you only ever use Netfabb you can load the following in repG and click build

M502

M92 E14

M500

So in short in RepG I remove an S109 code from the start and finish and need to change my own S109 setting if printing at a different temp to 213.

I find this way the nozzle is always on the platform when not printing and doesn't need priming.

Hope this all makes sense, just ask if you need any clarification.

Here is a reference to the GCodes

http://replicat.org/gcodes