Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
RetromanIE

Weird zhop type movement in vase mode (Cura 2.4)

I'm running the latest version of Cura (2.4, not beta) and am having a weird issue when using vase mode. It seems to be doing a zhop type movement every layer, but is actually running in vase mode. You can see what I'm talking about in the video.

Anyone have any idea what setting might be enabled, or is it a bug. I'm using a 0.8mm nozzle on my Ultimaker 2 Extended +.

It's not a bug i think. Had the same Problem. It is the "Retract at Layer Change" Option. Uncheck it and it should be gone (at least it solved it at my print). Maybe you have to search and activate the Option first in the Custom/Advanced Settings Window.

You also need to set Outer Wall Wipe Distance to 0 otherwise that will cause z hop.

BTW Cura 2.5 has a whole new spiralize implementation which does a better job of hiding the z-seam.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 18 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!