RetromanIE

Weird zhop type movement in vase mode (Cura 2.4)

Posted · Weird zhop type movement in vase mode (Cura 2.4)

I'm running the latest version of Cura (2.4, not beta) and am having a weird issue when using vase mode. It seems to be doing a zhop type movement every layer, but is actually running in vase mode. You can see what I'm talking about in the video.

Anyone have any idea what setting might be enabled, or is it a bug. I'm using a 0.8mm nozzle on my Ultimaker 2 Extended +.

Hi,

could you post the model and the gcode file? Ideally just create a project in Cura, export it and post it here (I love this new feature!) :)

Maybe it is better to attach the project file. This way we could see which settings you have changed.

The project file is in that link. I dont see an option to attach files to posts here(just images and such).

This is weird, I see no reason why the seam is there. I loaded another vase into your project and the resulting .gcode has this same seam again in spiralize mode.

5a3327a06b70f_ScreenShot2017-02-24at17_04_05.thumb.png.b80bf0604bd8a2b952abe11dcfa3cf5f.png

No idea so far - sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in and help.

5a3327a06b70f_ScreenShot2017-02-24at17_04_05.thumb.png.b80bf0604bd8a2b952abe11dcfa3cf5f.png

• Like 1

This is a known issue that has reportedly been fixed for Cura 2.5

It's not a bug i think. Had the same Problem. It is the "Retract at Layer Change" Option. Uncheck it and it should be gone (at least it solved it at my print). Maybe you have to search and activate the Option first in the Custom/Advanced Settings Window.

• Like 1

It's not a bug i think. Had the same Problem. It is the "Retract at Layer Change" Option. Uncheck it and it should be gone (at least it solved it at my print). Maybe you have to search and activate the Option first in the Custom/Advanced Settings Window.

You also need to set Outer Wall Wipe Distance to 0 otherwise that will cause z hop.

BTW Cura 2.5 has a whole new spiralize implementation which does a better job of hiding the z-seam.

• Like 1