Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
3dnerd

Meaning of LED colors of rotation button

Hi,

today I printed something on my Ultimaker 2. I created a gcode file using Simpolify 3D.

After around 75 percent the Ultimaker stops and then the LED of the rotation wheel turned from light blue into green. In the past I printed several objects (also created with Simplify 3D) without any problems.

- Can someone tell me what this green color means?

- Are there other colors showing up - if yes what is the meaning of the other colors?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Guest

I bet I know what this is.

The back of the button is a hole which is inside the printer, that allows filament to fall into the button housing and not only cause obstruction but get in the way of the leds.

Has any filament fallen in?

Push the button out using this hole from inside the machine, you'll be surprised how much is in there

The color really turned into green.

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your visual perception. :)

The led ring of the encoder wheel contains multicolor (RGB) leds. Fatal errors are usually indicated by a "glowing" color-change of the encoder wheel. Most likely all came to a halt while the color was green, but before the printer was able to write the exact error message on the screen.