aligning models on buildingplate

bschulte

Posted · aligning models on buildingplate

Hi guys,

kind of in in hurry while enjoying my new UM3. I'm strugling with multiple objects on plate.. It's automatic re-aligning when I move models around but I would like to do it manualy. I also notice that I can't place models at the edge of the buildplate ( about 1cm from the edge). I've all over to find the info about this but no luck. Anyone has an tip?

Thanks

Barry

Hi @Bschulte, thank you for your post and welcome to our community!

The freedom in which you can align or position your models on your buildplate may depend on some of the settings you have enabled in Cura. It may depend on if you have selected print all at once or print at the same time (option under 'special modes').

It may also depend on if you have a brim selected or not, and if you print something in dual or single. For example, when you print in dual, you can enable or disable a wipe tower. The wipe tower is a helper part, and will be positioned in the back right corner. For that reason, you can not put your model there.

Hopefully this helps. Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you could add an image of what your buildplate looks like, that way we can offer some more help.

• Like 1

Hi Sander,

Thanks for replying. I understand about the brim and wipe but even if turned of it seems to make no diff.

I hope this screenshot is visible to you.

I've noticed that some of my special settings don't show up in my list of special modes. Like print sequence and mesh infill ?

5a33285fedfdf_screenshotcura.thumb.png.f8dc35bd160c9c9a6301c4030781b8a9.png

5a33285fedfdf_screenshotcura.thumb.png.f8dc35bd160c9c9a6301c4030781b8a9.png

Posted (edited) · aligning models on buildingplate

Hi Sander,

Thanks for replying. I understand about the brim and wipe but even if turned of it seems to make no diff.

I hope this screenshot is visible to you.

I've noticed that some of my special settings don't show up in my list of special modes. Like print sequence and mesh infill ?

Your objects are on Grey areas, Without the Square pattern it could be easier for the users to actually 'see' but...

You need to realign manually your objects. To avoid Cura from thinking for you, deactivate this option

um3stuffcuracross.thumb.jpg.8534aba5f58d1a707c35e9665a4fd45c.jpg

That will allow you to fit the objects manually to use the empty space

um3stuffcura.thumb.jpg.92e7a17128f468965926548e6b0f5c3a.jpg

um3stuffcuracross.thumb.jpg.8534aba5f58d1a707c35e9665a4fd45c.jpg

um3stuffcura.thumb.jpg.92e7a17128f468965926548e6b0f5c3a.jpg

Edited by Guest

oh, thank you Lord! :-)

I did think the gray areas where good for something but didn't realize this. So as long I keep away from the red circles it would be fine and I can use a bigger platform? I just now realize the actual platform is larger (250x250) than the promoted platform (215x215). Or should I def. stay away from the gray areas?

Many many thanks!

Or should I def. stay away from the gray areas?

The grey areas are areas where no objects can be placed. If you do so, Cura will mark them as unprintable (the striped grey markings) and won't slice them.

Or should I def. stay away from the gray areas?

The grey areas are areas where no objects can be placed. If you do so, Cura will mark them as unprintable (the striped grey markings) and won't slice them.

I think is about time Cura removes that white/grey check board and goes for linea, too many shades of grey there ;)