Tip for the clumsy from the Noobverse

Posted · Tip for the clumsy from the Noobverse

Should it need to be repeated for those like myself...know where the HOT PARTS ARE!!! :p

DonotForgetItIsHot.jpg

It is called the HOT END for a reason LOL :D

Gots millions of stories of slicing off the tips of my fingers from the old days of x-actos and metal straight edges and other life endangering exploits....huuurrrrmmmmm......

Posted (edited) · Tip for the clumsy from the Noobverse

I am a walking disaster area. FEMA has declared a mobile perimeter of Ten Feet (3M for the rest of the world) of which I am the epicenter.  :p

But, I do learn...LOL

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Yes that's what those little triangle warning stickers are for.

They don't work. They're just something you look at before choosing to completely ignore them. :)

And I think all 3D people with some hours on their printer have been there, haven't we? Myself, I've got several build plates so I can do a quick swap when a print is finished and keep the machine going. I'll be printing a bunch of PLA parts, then switch to ASA. And then completely forget that the build plate is now 85 degrees. I can always manage to remove it so I end up holding it before it registers that this is not something I should be holding without gloves. That's the story about how I invented 3D print/glass plate juggling.

• Like 1

Yes that's what those little triangle warning stickers are for.

They don't work. They're just something you look at before choosing to completely ignore them. :)

So true!!

....then completely forget that the build plate is now 85 degrees.
    Being American, I keep forgetting that this is all metric and 85°C certainly ain't the same as 85°F. LOL

....That's the story about how I invented 3D print/glass plate juggling.
    Gonna have to steal that one!! <3