Danbell

Models Imported in to Cura a Fraction of their True Size

Posted · Models Imported in to Cura a Fraction of their True Size

I'm using 2017 Inventor to create models (20-30mm scale) and when I export as STI files and place in to the Cura environment, they're tiny, 1-2 mm.

Never had this problem with 2016?

I have been scaling the models up but I really need to fix this problem.

Any suggestions?

Almost surely inventor is exporting in *inches*. Cura expects STL files to be in mm. The STL format doesn't specify units unfortunately.

Try scaling up by 25.4 exactly. Or when you export as STL check to see if there is a checkbox where you can specify the units to be in mm.

Thank you!

That's worked a treat, knew it would be something simple.

Dan

Wow. The simplest github project I've ever seen. Here is pretty much the whole plugin:

class BarbarianPlugin(Extension):   def __init__(self):       super().__init__()       self.addMenuItem(i18n_catalog.i18n("Convert to metric"), self.convertToMetric)   ##  Scales all selected objects by 25.4 (inch to mm)   def convertToMetric(self):       selected_nodes = Selection.getAllSelectedObjects()       for node in selected_nodes:           node.scale(Vector(25.4, 25.4, 25.4))

According to comments it works with Cura 15.X and 2.X!

And what cura folder does this go into?

• Like 1

Your configuration folder (Help -> Show Configuration folder) should already have a folder named "plugins".