Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
markwal

Cura 2.5.0 and Nvidia GeForce Driver 381.89

Looks like the new Windows GeForce driver changed something that Cura's QT library is sensitive to.  Upgrading the GeForce driver seems to preserve OpenGL support for other software, but Cura refuses to boot saying:

"Unabled to probe for OpenGL support.  Cura requires at least OpenGL 2.0.  Please check your video drivers."

Or something close to that.  I downgraded to Nvidia GeForce Driver version 381.65 and it works, but my guess is that others will start seeing this problem.

Edited by Guest

FYI: I ran into similar issues with Intel HD4000 drivers on Windows 10.

The Device Manager said my Video drivers were 'up to date', but I found newer ones on Intel's web site. As I wanted upgraded OpenGL to use Cura enhanced Layer View, I upgraded it to Intel's newest.

That was a HUGE mistake.

Some stuff was fine: Simplify3D ran the same.

Other's Broken: Slicer took MINUTES to start and then very long times to load/view/slice anything! Paint.net just ran as slow as Photoshop. Ugh.

And it didn't help Cura at all - same OpenGL version :(

I downgraded back to the recommended Windows version and everything got back to normal.

So, it seams that if Windows says you're on the 'latest version' of a driver, what they really mean is you're on the latest version that actually Works with Windows...