Heated bed replacement

justinkd

Posted · Heated bed replacement

I have the ultimaker 2 and needed to replace the bed due to a temp sensor error. I got the hb212 bed replacement. Are there instructions for it's replacement anywhere?

Seems a bit different to the current one I have.

• 2 years later...

Hi @eileenmake, can you elaborate on what printer you have and what information you are looking for? Are you unsure about one specific step of installing a heated bed or are you completely clueless where to even start? 

Posted (edited) · Heated bed replacement

Hey @SandervG ! I'm working with an Ultimaker 2 Extended and am a little bit clueless to be honest! As you can see from the pictures below, hb13 (the original bed) and hb212 (the replacement) have different connectors for the wires. I had actually expected the new bed to come with wires. Do I need to order new ones? Can I connect the old wires to the new bed somehow? 

93872761_251769926009654_5443750101400944640_n.thumb.jpg.3f1e7ca32a6e3d22e2c79e229be60e7c.jpg93136938_1259514757586167_8718229912286134272_n.thumb.jpg.145785005e6a31df1d42337cbcd78904.jpg

Edited by eileenmake

Hi @eileenmake, yea those are 2 different versions. You are probably better off ordering the new cable too that goes along with it. With the new cable you should be able to connect it very easily without soldering. The partnumber of the cable is: 1183. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

I was having the same issue with my same printer. I was hoping to replace the bed and cable with the hb212 and the 1183 cable, however, the hb212 seems to be a difficult piece to find online to purchase. Are there any tips to where I could purchase this piece?

In USA, try fbrc8.com.  They are still building UM3 printers (I assume) along with UM2+Connect which I'm guessing all use the same heater so I'm pretty sure they have them.

fbrc8.com builds all UM printers sold in USA so they usually have everything in stock.  They don't always show all products in their web store but if you email them they usually reply quickly.  To save time, include your printer serial number in the correspondence.