Ultimaker 3 - USB drive not detected

Posted · Ultimaker 3 - USB drive not detected

Hello,

Yesterday I ran the first print on our brand new UM3 (a Benchy), running off the provided USB stick. This started fine with no software issues (the PVA didn't adhere properly though, and when I noticed I cancelled the print).

Today I tried to start a new print (another Benchy, with tweaked settings), again with the USB stick, but the printer did not detect it.

(Both files prepared with Cura 2.5.0.)

I tried to use a different USB stick, and the printer did not detect that either.

I haven't been able to find any posts in this forum about this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Do I need to contact the retailer's support, or can I fix it myself?

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Ultimaker 3 - USB drive not detected

Update: After managing to connect the printer to our institution's network via LAN cable, I was able to update to the latest firmware. The USB port now appears to be working properly and can detect USB sticks, though I haven't yet run any prints.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 - USB drive not detected

To anyone reading this post later: If you have firmware 3.6.2 on your UM3, please upgrade to 3.6.3. or higher. There is indeed a bug in 3.6.2 for the USB stick recognition.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
    Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 - USB drive not detected

Since this is the first search result for "Ultimaker 3 USB not recognized" I will put my discovery here.

UM3 does not recognize sticks formatted as exFAT. If your stick isn't showing up, try formatting it to MS-DOS FAT32.

Edited by twlum