Can Printcore'BB' be used for Polymaker Polysupport on Ultimaker 3

vsnpl

Posted · Can Printcore'BB' be used for Polymaker Polysupport on Ultimaker 3

Dear all,

I need to use Polymaker Polysupport on the Ultimaker3.

Can I use PrintCore 'BB' for the same?

I am interested to know as to whether the above will be possible as I am observing that the support structures generated by Cura when I select coreBB and PVA are much better, than when I select coreAA and Polysupport.

So will using polysupport on CoreBB create the same magic of improved support structures?

Kindly advise.

Thanks!

-Vaibhav

is polysupport PVA?

The only risk is that it might melt/burn/caramelize inside the nozzle. But if you do some cold pulls as instructed it might work. If you have the 3dsolex hardcore then you can just change nozzles if you clog one up with support material. Plus it's easier to clean out a nozzle if you can remove it like you can with the 3dsolex hardcore.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can you provide any feedback on this? I am using PolySupport on my other printer and absolutely love the results. It's the best support material I have tried. I've used PVA and HIPS and never got good results. I would love to use this on my UM3 Extended, but haven't bought the 3mm size yet.

If you tried it, I would love to hear the results.

Robert

The cores that come with the UM3 can print basically anything that any other printer can print as long as the temperature doesn't have to go above 280C for the nozzle.

The difference between the BB core and the AA core is very subtle. The BB core has a little bit less locations inside for filament to get caught in an eddie and caramelize. The AA core supposedly doesn't drip as much. But the differences are very tiny and very subtle. They are really both really well designed cores. I'm sure either core type could print polysupport just fine.

I do have a single 1.75mm hardcore if you want to try it out. It's not 1.75mm all the way back to the feeder so you would not be able to print say ninjaflex but contact me if you want to test it. I can sell it at a deep discount as it won't work with 3mm filament. thegr5store _at_ gmail.com

And you can also overrule cura. If you want to set a BB in cura and physically use a AA. Or you have a modified core that's read out by cura with a different size, you can just ignore the warnings and use the settings you want.

Also handy if you need to set a o.8 BB to give you all options for your AA 0.8 when you don't have a 0.8 BB