Please help

Blindfool

Posted (edited) · Please help

I'm about to go crazy I'm not sure what the problem is, Everytime it prints the bottom few layers they look like a hot pile of garbage. Also up the sides of my prints it has vertical lines almost like cuts ( not the layer lines) I will post a picture of what the layers are looking like. What I have tried to do to fix it: I have received leveled it numerous times, I have used the atomic method, I have cleaned the build platform with (Windex, water, isopropyl alcohol). I'm not sure what's wrong or what else I can do. It's a brand new ultimaker 2 extended+ bought from dynamism last week.

20170609_204243.thumb.jpg.24f8e7efd6c96141b81499568222adca.jpg

20170610_084555.thumb.jpg.04197b61162cc490dd33187552995821.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

20170609_204243.thumb.jpg.24f8e7efd6c96141b81499568222adca.jpg

20170610_084555.thumb.jpg.04197b61162cc490dd33187552995821.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Please help

Hello,

I am not sure but have you test to change a parameter in your slicer to check if the problem can come from soft? The repetition and the cleanliness of the defect makes me lean towards this hypothesis.

Posted · Please help

Hi @Blindfool, welcome to the forums!

What slicer are you using, and what nozzle size do you have installed?

The first layer sounds like under extrusion, but it seems to get a grip on itself again later on in the print.

If it is not a too big of a nozzle, perhaps some settings in your slicer are guilty.

Are you sure your filament is fed all the way in before your print starts? Is there a lot of oozing before your print starts?

Thanks, and have a great day!

Hi @Blindfool, welcome to the forums!

What slicer are you using, and what nozzle size do you have installed?

The first layer sounds like under extrusion, but it seems to get a grip on itself again later on in the print.

If it is not a too big of a nozzle, perhaps some settings in your slicer are guilty.

Are you sure your filament is fed all the way in before your print starts? Is there a lot of oozing before your print starts?

Thanks, and have a great day!

Good evening I am using Cura on high settings with the standard nozzle (.4mm) I have also noticed a problem with the infill (see pic) it struggles with the first few layers then it gets better but struggles with the infill but only in a few lines in the middle running from back right to front left.

I'm confused on what's wrong. I have done attomic methods checked the bed level numerous times. Also I noticed the extrusion is not smooth but rough like sandpaper and I hear a popping sound randomly when it extrudes.

(Using ultimaker pla print temp 210C bed temp 60C) as I said this printer is less than a week old and I'm not sure why it's giving me problems. Thanks for the help!20170613_214549.thumb.jpg.a2b92dc3e42ecfb3df0a2f27517e4cbf.jpg

20170610_092434.thumb.jpg.16b648fedeb0dc894071cc2926b1e54d.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Please help

I have noticed that Cura tends to treat the infill more as a way to create a roof rather than making an infill for strength. The speeds are way fast and tend to print a cobweb sorta looking thing inside. The tops of the infill are generally rough to the touch, but the walls are smooth.

I usually use the infill to be able to print roofs on my models and not for strength, but when I need strength, I go into the speed settings and change the infill speed downward and it makes much better supports.

Posted · Please help

I have noticed that Cura tends to treat the infill more as a way to create a roof rather than making an infill for strength. The speeds are way fast and tend to print a cobweb sorta looking thing inside. The tops of the infill are generally rough to the touch, but the walls are smooth.

I usually use the infill to be able to print roofs on my models and not for strength, but when I need strength, I go into the speed settings and change the infill speed downward and it makes much better supports.

Interesting I'll give that a shot. But I have to wonder why is it only affecting the middle 2 infill lines going from the top right to bottom left. Also what about the rough extrusion, I've also noticed it makes a bubble popping sound while extruding sometimes. (Official ultimaker PLA 210C Extrusion temp)

Thanks for the help!

Posted · Please help

What version of Cura are you using by the way?

It could be that when it speeds up for the infill, it accelerates very quickly, but due to the bowden tube there is a little bit of delay for the filament catch up on the suddenly increased speed.

Popping sounds are usually not good. For Nylon and PVA it means it absorbed too much moist. Has the spool been open for some time? Has it been in the sun or on a radiator or something? Do you have another reel of filament to give it a try and rule out any faults in this particular reel?

Thanks!

What version of Cura are you using by the way?

It could be that when it speeds up for the infill, it accelerates very quickly, but due to the bowden tube there is a little bit of delay for the filament catch up on the suddenly increased speed. Interesting idea with the Bowden I think you may be correct. I've noticed the infill line that has issues is where the print head goes to start a new layer.

Popping sounds are usually not good. For Nylon and PVA it means it absorbed too much moist. Has the spool been open for some time? Has it been in the sun or on a radiator or something? Do you have another reel of filament to give it a try and rule out any faults in this particular reel?

Thanks!

The fillament is a new it came packaged with the machine. I did try a rigid.ink pla it seems to run smoother to an extent. I think you may be correct with the infill it appears that the print head goes near that spot to start the next layer.

Edited by Guest