bschulte

Configuring Static IP address for Wifi connection

Posted · Configuring Static IP address for Wifi connection

Morning Guys,

I want to set a static Ip adres for my UM3 but don't see a workable workaround yet. Although i've read some threads about this topic none of them provide an easy workaround.

So my question of today is... is there an easy way?

Hope so, because at this moment I have to allow access to my printer every 2-3 days or so... i think/hope static ip will resolve this.

Barry

Have you tried reserving your printers IP address in your router? I had this problem with my UM3 Ext machines, but after reserving their IP addresses never had a problem since.

Router_Res_List.JPG.362a0918716ef2f79070a30ac6f53b43.JPG

Perhaps this will work for you as well?

Router_Res_List.JPG.362a0918716ef2f79070a30ac6f53b43.JPG

• Like 1

thanks for the tip xyz... i've set it up. Now let's wait and see for a couple of days..

thanks for the tip xyz... i've set it up. Now let's wait and see for a couple of days..

Please keep the forum posted on this as others have experience this problem . . .

Alternative solution; Put your machine in dev mode and use con-man to set static IP. This will require a reasonable amount of linux experience though.

Well, it's been a couple off days now and so far.... me happy :-)

@nallath: the reason I created this thread was just because of this. It's to complicated for non-linux users and I think there should be an easier way by default. But luckily there's no need for me because in this case dhcp binding is enough.

thanks guys!