Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ManuelW

Cura 2.6 ignores Material Temperature

Hey there,

i set for every Material a Print Temperature in the Manager.

But if i switch Materials, this setting is ignored and saved in the Profile Manager.

It makes no sense, because i make this setting for a material. So i have to make

for every Material a Material Setting and a Profile Setting.

You need to create a material profile for every material you have or make a default PLA profile for example and when you change materials you select the same default.

Or you can select from one of the default CURA materials and edit one of those.

The Material Temp in the materials manager is a base temp. this has an offset when printed at different layer heights.

I'm not sure what the base is. maybe 0.1 layer height.

So make sure that you desired temp at a set layer height works with this offset. For example, if you set the material temp for 200deg at 0.1 layers then if you select a printing height of 0.2 then it will offset the temp to 210deg.

Oh really? So i have for every Material to make some Profiles like Fine/Normal/Fast?

That means, if i have 5 different Materials with different Temps i have to create 15 Profiles?

That makes no sense. So i hope the developers would think about, to include the temperature into the Material Settings, not in Profile Settings.

No you don't need to make different ones for fine,normal,fast. It's automatic.

If you create a material, the temp will automatically change depending on if you select fine,normal,fast.

So if you create a material and give it a temp of 200deg but select fast, it will change the temp to 210deg.

Edited by Guest

I seeing the same,

So if you use custom profiles the material settings aren't applied?

I'm testing "fine", it has brim settings and the speed is 60mm/s,

Don't need a brim and want to go slower so it's not a working "fine" profile for me.

If you like to use custom profiles you need to make one for each material ?

I seeing the same,

So if you use custom profiles the material settings aren't applied?  

I'm testing "fine", it has brim settings and the speed is 60mm/s,

Don't need a brim and want to go slower so it's not a working "fine" profile for me.

If you like to  use custom profiles you need to make one for each material ?

In some cases yes. If you want to print faster, you tend to need a higher temperature. Printing faster is tied to quality (and material and printer). The profiles that we define are based on quality type, nozzle type, material and printer. If you change any one of those, you get a different profile.

Most times, i switch only between layer height. I print most materials in same speed, but with different temperatures.

I think it should be a user decision, if the temp in profiles takes advantage.

The main temp should be set in the material settings. If i don't set different temps in the profile, the material temps should used.