Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
thomaskozis

problem with slicing

Hi, after many attempts, my file that I had imported into cura had no inner section and seemed the file was not importing properly. in x-ray mode parts of the model showed up red, I don't know why this is happening, if possible, is there a solution that works around Mac DSCF2209.thumb.JPG.494ab314b46b0f1b5fcccfe3b1b4e660.JPG

DSCF2209.thumb.JPG.494ab314b46b0f1b5fcccfe3b1b4e660.JPG

red in this case indicates you probably have 3 walls. Are you sure this is xray mode? It looks more like layer view in which red just means the outer most layer.

I'm having the same problem on "layer view mode". Just made my first post about this same thing, hope it gets moved over here to the Cura section? Mine shows the first few layers correctly, then after that only shows and prints outer most shell, everything else inside gets ignored? And infill not shown unless at 100% ???

Mattee

It could be a GUI bug not showing infill but more likely it's not going to print any infill. Could you show a photo please? There are 100 possible reasons and a photo will eliminate most of them.

Did you check xray view mode for any red areas?

I recognise the model. I know it is a commercial model that you specifically buy for 3d printing, but it is quite a horrible model for 3d printing. You can get it to slice as you expect it with these two settings:

Union overlapping values: unchecked

Merged meshes overlap: 0

You can use the "Search" box on the top of the custom settings to search for these settings.