Ultimaker 3 first power up fails

Posted · Ultimaker 3 first power up fails

Hiya all,

I've been running an UM2+ for nearly 2 years now and decided to upgrade to UM3.

I was wondering if this is a common problem and if there is a solution other than a replacement.

I setup the printer for first power up. everything connected, power brick blue light on etc... switch it on and I got a burst of the fan running and the a light on the NCP/ethernet card, other than that nothing. It sat there for 10 min or so whilst I was doing other things and the front display nor the dial had any lights. I know power is going into the machine but that's it.

any one got any ideas?

Becky

I just got my UM 3 Extended today! I'd be excited if I didn't pay ~$4500 dollars and have the exact problem you did. To make me even more upset, I paid for expedited shipping. Thanks for making a crap product UM, btw the print that comes with the machine that says it was printed on it, is complete rubbish.

It could be something came loose during shipping (5% likely?) or your power brick (70%) but it could also be your power cable isn't all the way in (25%) so I'd really concentrate on that first. Sometimes it's really hard to get it in. You know it's in properly because it has an interlock and won't come out.

Anyway most likely it's the power brick which they probably didn't test as the company that makes the power brick should be doing that. Contact support@fbrc8.com right away (they assembled your printer) or contact your reseller. There's a support button in the lower right of this page.

new one received and works.

new what?  Completely new printer?

yeah, complete new printer.

I think that somthing happened during shipping which if I am right is from holland.

I checked a few things like the brick, is the light on? mine was a yes.

I checked the whole printer, underneath I saw the ethernet card had a light on so my guess is that something happened during transit.

@Wildenms I appreciate the anger, I was too, but contacting the supplier got me a replacement.

the new machine is working and the prints are fantastic. I'd say that the print they did was just after assembly and therefore the issue with transit is the most likely.

if you have contacted the supplier, Id like to think that you have a replacement on it's way. if not I'd contact the importer to resolve beyond that UM holland.

I assure you it's worth the effort. It's deffinately not crap and the PVA support solution works brilliantly. I did have to try a few times to sort it out but I am now printing great parts. Good luck :)

in the end I think that there is an issue during transit that's causing faults but I still say it's worth the trouble chasing it up.

Becky

I just got my UM 3 Extended today! I'd be excited if I didn't pay ~$4500 dollars and have the exact problem you did. To make me even more upset, I paid for expedited shipping. Thanks for making a crap product UM, btw the print that comes with the machine that says it was printed on it, is complete rubbish.

Every print that ships with Ultimaker printers is printed on the printer that it ships with. I can absolutely verify that. As Gr5 mentioned, sometimes things do happen during shipping.