Is it possible to print Eiffel tower with Ultimaker 2 go?

icreatives

Posted (edited) · Is it possible to print Eiffel tower with Ultimaker 2 go?

Is it possible to print Eiffel tower with Ultimaker 2 go?

The STL file is from here.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22051/#files

Printing at the scale of 0.9, the printer couldn't print.

Someone said it is naturally impossible to print this.

Is he right?

I tried to print the file attached above.

But it couldn't print in the middle with the recommended setting and slow manual setting(printing speed is less than 50 mm2/sec).

In the middle of printing, it doesn't extrude the filament anymore; it has nozzle clog.

He said it is because of the 2.85mm filament.

And This tower can't be printed in the Ultimaker 2 go.

I bought Ultimaker 2 go about 2 years.

At that time, I built a cheap DIY printer cost less than 500$ using 1.75mm filament.

The DIY printer can print this even faster setting.

How can this possible?

Is he right? or Is he telling a lie?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Is it possible to print Eiffel tower with Ultimaker 2 go?

so he might be right, but that isn't because of the filament.

this eifel tower is essentially a retraction torture test. unfortunately, the old feeder, the black one, is not fantastic when it comes to retractions. that might be your problem. 2.85mm filament might not help but it certainly isn't the root source.

so he might be right, but that isn't because of the filament.

this eifel tower is essentially a retraction torture test. unfortunately, the old feeder, the black one, is not fantastic when it comes to retractions. that might be your problem. 2.85mm  filament might not help but it certainly isn't the root source.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Actually, the guy is an official service man in my country.

I asked him to print this because the printer has very serious extrusion problem.

Firstly, I thought it is because of the nozzle clog. So I learned Atomic method and solved the problem. But the problem continued.

As the number of the layers increases, the more clogging happened. When the service guy printed, he tried 20mm cubic which means very small ones. That was Okay.

But the same problem happened again.

So I watched carefully, then i found the extruder grinds the filament and the filament became thicker and went into the tube. that part caused the same clogging problem. It is mainly because of the retraction.

So I sent the machine to the official service guy, then he tried and answered me that. He must have tried to change the settings such as speed, retraction; He must be better than me at the setting part.

He said "it is originaly, naturally impossible to print and cannot be fixed..... from this printer. And it is because of the 2.85mm filament."

However, my DIY printer a lot cheaper than the Ultimaker 2 go, can print the eiffel tower.

He asked me to ask the main company...

I really doubt the same way as you "korneel" said.

The problem is must be caused from the setting(especially the retraction part) or the extruder itself.

I believe changing the extruder into new one will or would solve the problem.

Some filaments and feeder wheel combinations are more likely to grind up the filament at the feeder. Anyway the solution is to reduce retractions. What slicer are you using? Are you using cura 2.X? or Cura 15.X? Those slicers both have settings (different settings) that can limit the number of retractions on any one given spot of filament. I found that 10 retractions on any given spot is pretty safe and should not fail. And the stringing shouldn't be too excessive either.

So answer my question and I'll answer yours.