Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
shadowfiend

Cura 2.7 3D interface is gone!

Hi Ultimakers,

I have encountered a problem with Cura 2.7, whilst playing with the support structure settings, the 3D view went blank and I thought it was just a crash and quit.  I reloaded Cura and still nothing, but also the view menu and the view mode button are devoid of any options, see below.

5a333f898ead9_Cura3dgone.thumb.png.1ad5eef3a4a80e51eabe31a985cd1801.png

There was an unusual 'configuring windows' thing that happened when I restarted, because I have all updates turned off, I figured the antivirus may have done this.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, on an i7 with 12Gb ram.  I reinstalled Cura a couple of times and updated the Nvidia diver (Gforce GT 630) to the latest version but it's the same issue.  Just for kicks, I cloned a clean windows 7 VM in Virtual box and installed Cura 2.7 there and after enabling hardware 2d and 3d acceleration it worked fine, as you would expect.

I'm at a loss what is going on here and would greatly appreciate some help.

Kind regards.

5a333f898ead9_Cura3dgone.thumb.png.1ad5eef3a4a80e51eabe31a985cd1801.png

Edited by Guest

Ok I fixed it.

I went to Preferences > Configure Cura > Plugins > Solid View (was disabled)

So I turned it back on and restarted Cura, all be it in ‘compatibility mode’.

So then go Preferences > Configure Cura > General > Viewport Behaviour > [uncheck] Force layer view compatibility mode (restart required)

All is now working again.

Yay.