Unwanted prime blob custom FDM dual extruder

focussoft

Posted · Unwanted prime blob custom FDM dual extruder

i been having problems with cura 2.7.0

everything works perfect ,except my printer randomly puts a prime blob on my print after switching extruders

i tracked down the problem in the . gcode file generated by cura

It inserts G1 F1200 E11 after switching extruders

it only seems to do it when the prime tower is activated

right now i use the "post processing plugin" to "search and replace" G1 F1200 E11 with ;G1 F1200 E11

and that works , it still goes to the print coordinates , but does not put down a prime blob

anyone know how to make cura stop inserting that G1 F1200 E11 code ?

The prime blob option in cura is "hidden by the current machine"????? i dont know why because its the machine profile is set up having 2 extruders and the rest of the build platform adhesion options are not hidden, neither are the dual extrusion options

T0 <------------ start code extruder T0

G92 E0

G90; Absolute Coordinates

G92 E0; Zero Extruder

G1 Z10 F9000

G1 X-20 Y40 Z0 F4800; Move X Y for tool change

G1 E120 F4000; Fast insert 120mm

G92 E0; Zero Extruder

G90; Absolute Coordinates <---------- end start code extruder T0

M109 S200 <---------- start generated code by cura

M104 T1 S0

G0 F5400 X98.147 Y97.862 Z0.4 <----------print coordinates

G1 F1200 E11 <<<<<<<<--- code extruding 11mm !!!! Blob !!

G0 F5400 X98.147 Y107.862 <--------- continue print ??

G0 X35.666 Y168.868 <--------- prime tower at x40 y170

Posted · Unwanted prime blob custom FDM dual extruder

Hi. I don't use multiple extruders so I have no experience in this area but if you want to be able to disable the prime blob I think your machine definition needs to have this in the overrides section to make that setting visible:

"prime_blob_enable": { "enabled": true },

See ultimaker3.def.json for an example...