Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
neo-ninja

Slow Moving Feeder - after new firmware upgrade

Hi Guys,

After some thoughts.

I just bought a new board (as the old one fried) everything is working great. APART from the feeder for filament. It is almost going at half speed, and i cant work out why.

I made sure i installed the UM2 not the UM2+ firmware.

The board all seems sound everything works apart from its slow. So it means when i eject filament it aprox does about half of it and when i put new filament in it takes ages.

Motor itself is good.

The question is: what was previously installed on the new board?

If in doubt, perform a factory reset with the correct firmware. Or have you already done that?

The board should be brand new for a UM2.

I have been playing around. I think maybe i hadnt pushed in the wire enough for the stepper as thats fine. But I have having a similar issue with the z axis, its moving almost exactly at half speed. I have tried all the connections again and no success.

But I have having a similar issue with the z axis, its moving almost exactly at half speed. I have tried all the connections again and no success.

First thing to check in this case:

There's a connector at the center of the board that is labeled "8/16 step". Take sure that there's nothing connected. If you accidentally plugged in the 5V connector (orange/blue cable) there - it would explain the symptoms...

But I have having a similar issue with the z axis, its moving almost exactly at half speed. I have tried all the connections again and no success.

First thing to check in this case:

There's a connector at the center of the board that is labeled "8/16 step". Take sure that there's nothing connected. If you accidentally plugged in the 5V connector (orange/blue cable) there - it would explain the symptoms...

Oh really nothing should be plugged into the middle of the board? I copied all plugs like for like from the old board and that wire was plugged in.