Slow Moving Feeder - after new firmware upgrade

neo-ninja

Posted · Slow Moving Feeder - after new firmware upgrade

Hi Guys,

After some thoughts.

I just bought a new board (as the old one fried) everything is working great. APART from the feeder for filament. It is almost going at half speed, and i cant work out why.

I made sure i installed the UM2 not the UM2+ firmware.

The board all seems sound everything works apart from its slow. So it means when i eject filament it aprox does about half of it and when i put new filament in it takes ages.

Motor itself is good.

The question is: what was previously installed on the new board?

If in doubt, perform a factory reset with the correct firmware. Or have you already done that?

The board should be brand new for a UM2.

I have been playing around. I think maybe i hadnt pushed in the wire enough for the stepper as thats fine. But I have having a similar issue with the z axis, its moving almost exactly at half speed. I have tried all the connections again and no success.

But I have having a similar issue with the z axis, its moving almost exactly at half speed. I have tried all the connections again and no success.

First thing to check in this case:

There's a connector at the center of the board that is labeled "8/16 step". Take sure that there's nothing connected. If you accidentally plugged in the 5V connector (orange/blue cable) there - it would explain the symptoms...

But I have having a similar issue with the z axis, its moving almost exactly at half speed. I have tried all the connections again and no success.

First thing to check in this case:

There's a connector at the center of the board that is labeled "8/16 step". Take sure that there's nothing connected. If you accidentally plugged in the 5V connector (orange/blue cable) there - it would explain the symptoms...

Oh really nothing should be plugged into the middle of the board? I copied all plugs like for like from the old board and that wire was plugged in.

Oh really nothing should be plugged into the middle of the board?

That's not what i said... :) Just don't plug anything to the 8/16 jumper, the white connector for the 5V fan is nearby. There are pictures in the assembly manual, page 65.